Former President Donald Trump shared the reason why he hasn't released footage of the FBI's raid of his Mar-a-Lago home last month.
Trump shared the comments during an interview on Newsmax's "Wake Up America" on Tuesday.
Trump Reveals Why He Hasn’t Released Footage of Mar-a-Lago Raid https://t.co/iMisHHpihG
— Restored Republic (@R_republic_411) September 22, 2022
"They would rather not have me [release the footage] because of the safety of the FBI agents that swarmed the place," Trump said. "I don't think they wanted to swarm it, if you want to know the truth," he said.
"I have a great relationship with people in the FBI … and for the safety of the people that are in the footage, they've asked us not to, not to put it out. But we do have it," he added.
Trump provided a big update.
#Bidenadministration #DepartmentofJusticeDOJ #DonaldTrump #FBI #Florida #FourthAmendment #MelaniaTrump #politics #USnews #video https://t.co/0na4DPFx8C
— Conservative Tribune (@conserv_tribune) September 21, 2022
Trump still plans to release the footage at the right time, he claims, arguing the FBI's raid was a weaponized witch hunt against him.
The controversy continues as Trump now has a special master performing an independent review of the material to determine the FBI's access to files that may contain classified information.