Don't Wait.
We publish the objective news, period. If you want the facts, then sign up below and join our movement for objective news:
 August 2, 2023

Olympic gold medalist Bode Miller's children hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning

Olympic gold medalist skier Bode Miller's children were taken to a local hospital after experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning, he and his wife shared on social media.

The incident occurred last month during work done last month at the family's home.

A scary situation

"Two weeks ago, we had a crane at our house to remove our broken hot tub," Miller wrote.

"Asher, Aksel and Scarlet innocently stood on the front step of our house to watch the action, which resulted in them getting carbon monoxide poisoning due to the lack of airflow in our driveway, landing them in the ER. They were on high flow oxygen for over four hours. It was a terrifying experience but thanking my lucky stars they are okay," he added.

The concern

"Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that can cause sudden illness and death, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention," ABC-6 explained.

"The gas is found in fumes from items that burn fuel, including cars, trucks, small engines, furnaces, stoves, grills, fireplaces and gas ranges, according to the CDC," it added.

The reminder

"We had a crane parked in our driveway for a few hours," Bode said. "Despite keeping the kids inside for obvious safety reasons, the little ones got really sick from it."

"Asher ended up in the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning. All are well now, but passing along as a reminder to all parents of the dangers of carbon monoxide. Reminder to go test your CO detectors," Bode concluded.

The couple has since returned home after the frightening health situation that impacted their three children.

The family also revealed that their son Asher had been rushed to the emergency room in December after suffering a seizure,  making the recent hospital visit the second in less than a year for the parents of the young children.

The Miller family is now thankful to be past the carbon monoxide poisoning issue and is expressing gratitude while also warning others to be aware of the safety hazard.

Written By:
Dillon Burroughs

Latest Posts

See All
Get news from American Digest in your inbox.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: American Digest, 3000 S. Hulen Street, Ste 124 #1064, Fort Worth, TX, 76109, US, You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact.
© 2024 - The American Digest - All Rights Reserved