By
Charlotte Tyler
|
May 20, 2023
|
11:45 pm

Fox News disbands its entire Investigative Unit following a $787.5 million Dominion settlement

Rolling Stone reported that Fox News laid off its entire investigative unit of correspondents one month after settling with Dominion Voting Systems for $787.5 million.

Fox News settled Dominion's $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against it for $787.5 million last month. The cable news company severed ties with Tucker Carlson six days later, according to Breitbart News.

Carlson's attorneys allegedly sent Fox News a letter accusing the company of, among other things, agreeing to terminate Carlson as part of its settlement with Dominion.

However, the electronic voting company has repeatedly denied any involvement in Carlson's termination despite widespread assertions that the suit was involved in the beloved anchor's demise at the network.

“As the Fox principals who negotiated the settlement well know, Dominion made no demands about Tucker Carlson’s employment orally or in writing,” a Dominion spokesperson told the Daily Caller.

“Any claims otherwise are categorically false and a thinly veiled effort to further damage Dominion. Fox should take every effort to stop these lies immediately.”

A Fox News spokesperson asserted that reports about Dominion’s role in Carlson’s firing are “categorically false.” According to Rolling Stone, the company laid off its complete investigative unit on Friday, with additional layoffs possible.

“Yes, [layoffs] have happened,” one staffer told the outlet. “And continue to happen.” Another Fox employee told Rolling Stone the laid-off reporters are the “sacrificial lambs,” of the Dominion settlement.

“The rank and file journalists are getting let go meanwhile upper management are sitting pretty while they are the execs responsible for the Dominion debacle,” the Fox employee said. “We are the sacrificial lambs.”

“The outrage is that Suzanne Scott and Maria Bartriomo keep their jobs,” one staffer added. “Meanwhile the journalists get let go. We are in shock.”

Another former Fox "talent" who reportedly spoke to reporters said they believe the cable news company is trying to "get money off the books before June 30" owing to the Dominion settlement.

“I think producers, management, et cetera [are being laid-off],” a former Fox talent told Rolling Stone. “They are trying to get money off the books before June 30. They have to save money because of the [Dominion] lawsuit.”

A Fox News source told Breitbart News that the reductions have "nothing to do with Dominion," and that only three of the seven members of the investigative unit were let go.

Prior to the redundancies, the remaining four employees were offered new positions within the company and reassigned, according to the source.

Written By:
Charlotte Tyler

Latest Posts

See All
Don't Wait.
We publish the objective news, period. If you want the facts, then sign up below and join our movement for objective news:
Newsletter
Get news from American Digest in your inbox.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: American Digest, 3000 S. Hulen Street, Ste 124 #1064, Fort Worth, TX, 76109, US, https://americandigest.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact.
© 2024 - The American Digest - All Rights Reserved