Don't Wait.
We publish the objective news, period. If you want the facts, then sign up below and join our movement for objective news:

Top Stories

Latest News

 July 17, 2023

Federal judge unseals additional portions of Mar-a-Lago raid search warrant

Ever since the feds raided former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in connection with the classified documents investigation, questions have been raised as to how the search warrant for the raid came to be. 

A New York Times report from earlier this month noted that a federal magistrate judge unsealed additional portions of the affidavit that was used to obtain the search warrant in the first place.

The newly-unsealed portions of the affidavit revealed further details as to how the raid unfolded.

"The newly unredacted sections of the affidavit suggested that prosecutors had based their search, in part, on surveillance footage from cameras near a storage room in the basement of Mar-a-Lago showing Walt Nauta, a personal aide to Mr. Trump, moving dozens of boxes in and out of the room days before federal prosecutors arrived to collect any sensitive records still in Mr. Trump’s possession," The Times' report said.

Prosecutors wrote, "Video footage reflects that evidence has been moved recently," referring to boxes of classified documents stored at Mar-a-Lago.

They added, "It cannot be seen on the video footage where the boxes were moved when they were taken from the storage room area, and accordingly, the current location of the boxes that were removed from the storage room area but not returned to it is unknown."

"The day after that, on 2 June 2022, witness 5 is observed moving twenty-five to thirty boxes, some of which were brown cardboard boxes and others of which were Bankers boxes consistent with the description of the FPotus Boxes, into the entrance of the Anteroom," the affidavit noted.

Newsbreak noted that several portions of the affidavit are still redacted. It's unclear if those sections will eventually be unredacted by the federal judge.

For his part, the former president has consistently maintained that the investigation is a political attack, given that he's President Joe Biden's top Republican opponent.

"Just like all the other fake hoaxes thrown at President Trump, this corrupt effort will also fail," Trump spokesperson Steven Cheung said.

Cheung previously stated that the indictment is "nothing more than a targeted, politically motivated witch hunt against President Trump that is concocted to meddle in an election and prevent the American people from returning him to the White House."

Only time will tell if new evidence emerges in the case.

Written By:
Ryan Ledendecker

Latest Posts

See All
Newsletter
Get news from American Digest in your inbox.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: American Digest, 3000 S. Hulen Street, Ste 124 #1064, Fort Worth, TX, 76109, US, https://staging.americandigest.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact.
© 2024 - The American Digest - All Rights Reserved