During the fifth night of countrywide unrest following the shooting of a teenager of North African heritage by police on Tuesday, as Routers reported.
Rioters broke into the home of the mayor of a Paris suburb, set his car on fire, and fired fireworks at his wife and small children as they fled. The incident occurred during the fifth night of nationwide disturbance.
While Vincent Jeanbrun, 39, the center-right mayor of the southern suburb of L'Hay-les-Roses, was at the town hall, his home was broken into while Melanie Jeanbrun and their children were sleeping inside.
According to the public prosecutor in the area, the perpetrators of the crime drove their vehicle toward the suburban house, but they were stopped by a low wall that encircled the outside terrace of the property. After that, they set fire to their vehicle.
While Jeanbrun's wife and two children, ages 5 and 7, were running in the back yard, fireworks were shot at them. Jeanbrun shared with Prime Minister Elisabeth Borne the news that his wife had recently undergone surgery for a fractured leg and would need three months to recover.
"While attempting to shield them and fleeing the attackers, my wife and one of my children were hurt," the mayor said.
The prosecutor in charge of the case in your area has confirmed to the media that an investigation into the attempted murder has been begun. There has been no arrest of any suspects.
Since the shooting on Tuesday, the town hall in Jeanbrun has been the target of an attack nearly every night. As a result, barbed wire and barriers have been placed around it to protect it.
Jeanbrun went on a walkabout many hours after the event and saw locals who were concerned about him. He also strolled by the town's covered market, which had been damaged as a result of the commotion.
"Stay strong, Mr. Mayor. "We're with you," a man told the obviously moved mayor.
"I didn't think we'd ever live through something like this," the mayor said to another witness who wished his wife well after she had been injured.
She responded, "It's pretty disgusting," to questions about the event.
Elizabeth Pineau and Benoit van Overstraeten were responsible for the reporting; writing was done by Richard Lough, while Alison Williams was in charge of editing.
Jeanbrun described the incident as a "milestone ... in horror and ignominy," as The Washington Examiner reported. The nation still has seen no relief in the persistent protests.