White House chief of staff Mark Meadows announced on Monday that the Trump campaign may be poised to file lawsuits against social media companies by the end of the day.
The big-tech suppression of reports exposing emails that could incriminate Hunter Biden has shaken the nation to the core, and the Trump campaign appears to be ready to retaliate.
“I can tell you that as we look at the level of activity that we’re seeing with Twitter, if there’s any interference in the election, it’s by Twitter and Facebook right now and trying to put a particular narrative out there,” Meadows said during a Monday Fox News interview.
“They’re going to have not only a problem with the American people, but they’re going to have a problem with Congress as this will bring Republicans and Democrats together to make sure that they, once and for all, are held accountable for their actions.”
Twitter has acted unilaterally multiple times over the last several days to remove and suppress official government accounts that are disseminating the story, including White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany.
“They have two standards, one for one campaign, one for the other,” Meadows continued. “But I do believe that additional lawsuits will be filed perhaps as early as today to go after that.”
President Trump himself also hinted at potential forthcoming lawsuits last week.
“It’s going to all end up in a big lawsuit,” Trump said during a Fox Business interview on October 15. “There are things that can happen that are very severe that I’d rather not see happen.”