July 1, 2022

Trump to issue executive order authorizing arrest and jailing of monument vandals

President Trump isn’t playing games with protesters desecrating national monuments any longer.

He announced on Tuesday that he has given the order authorizing the arrest and jailing of “anyone who vandalizes or destroys any monument, statue or other such Federal Property.”

Trump tweeted:

I have authorized the Federal Government to arrest anyone who vandalizes or destroys any monument, statue or other such Federal property in the U.S. with up to 10 years in prison, per the Veteran’s Memorial Preservation Act, or such other laws that may be pertinent. This action is taken effective immediately, but may also be used retroactively for destruction or vandalism already caused. There will be no exceptions!

Supposedly anti-racist protesters have targeted their rage at statues and historical monuments in recent days. The first statues to come down were those of confederate generals such as Robert E. Lee. Conservatives sounded the alarm that radical activists wouldn’t stop there. The predictions came true at a dizzying speed.

Activists are now targeting monuments of decidedly anti-slavery historical figures, like the statue of prominent Philadelphia abolitionist Matthias Baldwin and another of Union General Ulysses S. Grant, who led the union army to victory in the American civil war.

In the quest to rewrite history in their own name, leftists will not stop until all vestiges of what America was built on are destroyed. One of failed presidential candidate Bernie Sanders’ top surrogates, Shaun King, even called for statues of Jesus Christ to be torn down because they are a form of “white supremacy.”

Most recently, protesters attempted to tear down the statue of Andrew Jackson in Lafayette Park, just outside the White House, on Monday evening, prompting Donald Trump to take swift action.

Trump has made it clear that he will not tolerate the leftists’ assault on history, confirming Tuesday morning that he is preparing an executive order criminalizing the defacement of such monuments. “I will have an executive order very shortly, and all it’s really going to do is reinforce what’s already there, but in a more uniform way,” Trump told reporters.

Trump indicated that he is encouraging prosecution of vandals to the fullest extent of the law. “We are looking at long-term jail sentences for these vandals and these hoodlums and the anarchists and agitators, and call them whatever you want,” Trump said. “Some people don’t like that language, but that’s what they are. They’re bad people. They don’t love our country. And they’re not taking down our monuments. I just want to make that clear.”

Do you agree with President Trump that these vandals should be jailed? Scroll down to the comments section to let us know what you think!

John S (@guest_1012749)
2 years ago

Stop the dam hoodlums and the anarchists and agitators, lock them up for a very long time, about 10 years or so for each offense.
Thank You President Trump, the first President with a set of (Balls) fighting a never ending battle with the corruption of the democrats whom started all this crap they must also be stopped.
GOD and President Trump for the American People

Sharon (@guest_1012750)
2 years ago

I have been waiting for you to do something. Every time I watched a statue painted or being taken down I cried.. Union or Confederate it was taking a part of our
history and my heart. I am Confederate I know we lost . But those statues remind us
of the mistakes that we made.Try to do better for our future. The Confederate statues are all we have of our beloved men who fought. I know people call me racist FOR LOVING MY HISTORY. I AM ALSO BLACK FOOT NATIVE AMERICAN.ALOT HAPPENED TO US. WE ARE PROUD PEOPLE WE JUST MADE THE BEST OF WHAT WE HAD AND CONTINUED ON. THANK YOU FOR LOVING THIS COUNTRY AS MUCH AS YOU DO. MAY GOD BLESS YOU,!

Loving my history. I am also

Diane Cote (@guest_1012751)
2 years ago

This order should of taken place when the first Statue/Monument was destroyed and graffiti found all over it. But, now it is happening, great news. These people need to be held accountable. Jail time ten years sounds great. Now if we can do something about the SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE,PELOSI and hold her Accountable regarding removal of Art 🖼 and other items of HISTORY REMOVED. What’s next the STATUE OF LIBERTY.

Yolanda MartinezWeis (@guest_1012752)
2 years ago

I totally agree with President Trump.
These cretins should be jailed, no bail, no parole
IF I WERE KING there would be more than jail

Yolanda MartinezWeis

Ray Gerth (@guest_1012755)

IT’S about time something is done..—THANKS MR. PRESIDENT———4 MORE YEARS

Jerry medlin (@guest_1012757)
2 years ago

ABSOLUTELY, they should be charged with EVERYTHING that they can be charged with, and put in prison for as long as possible!!!

Marilyn Specht (@guest_1012759)
2 years ago

Great work President Trump. You are GODS TRUMPET!!!!!

NancySue Smith (@guest_1012761)
2 years ago

Thank you President Trump we always were told that slavery was an evil in this world & those monuments opened the door to conversations not to bring slavery back. Warning the future generat up ns how easily things can become like tje holocost if we are not always questioning the whoever. Who is upset about the sex slaves/captives worldwide & in USA

mable mcanalley (@guest_1012765)
2 years ago

put all the monument back,it’s all history,lets take all the black monument,if not put all the confederate flags back,if they knew any thing about history they would the flag does not stand for degrade the black,they fought also. they need to stop this foolishness,learn history and stop doing Democrats bull. GOD BLESS ALL

thomas W phillips (@guest_1012767)

It’s about damn time!!

William A. Ryan, Ph.D. (@guest_1012768)
2 years ago

Happy is too mild an expression regarding the great decision that President Trump has just made regarding U.S. property vandalism. Actually, instead of prison sentences, these anti-American thugs should be removed from our country and sent to a location where they are comfortable with the surroundings and laws the people of their own ilk have to live by on a daily basis! This will be a “win-win” situation for them and us!!!

George Brooker (@guest_1012770)
2 years ago

I agree with president Trump and everything needs to stop. The north is who stopped slavery and the African American community needs to stop saying all whites are racist.

Abbie Bland (@guest_1012771)
2 years ago

Yes, I agree with President Trump that these thugs have got to be stopped one way or another. They are terrorist! I want to know when did America start giving in to terrorist? It should have been stopped the very first night after George Floyd was killed. These thugs are stupid, they don’t understand or don’t care that all they’re doing is hurting themselves. I’m sorry that Mr. Floyd lost his life but how many other people have lost their lives since this terrorist attack began? Who is going to be charged with their murders? And by the way why can Nancy Pelosi give orders to remove pictures from the hall of Congress? She’s not the president of our country. She should be charged with destruction of private property! I think they should be put back and all the statues that have been destroyed should be recreated and put back up. I would not allow any military base be renamed or any of our military ships be renamed. America needs to stop giving in to terrorist! I love my country and so many people have fought and died defending our country and our freedoms, their memories have been desecrated, shamed and destroyed. It’s so embarrassing, that other countries are laughing and saying America is weak. I’m so disgusted with this crap, and ashamed that Americans have allowed the destruction of our country! God Bless America! Now put a stop to this crap NOW!!!!!

CHRIS YOUNG (@guest_1012773)
2 years ago

YES!! YES AND YES !! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH THESE PEOPLE NEED TO PAY FOR THEIR ACTIONS

Teresa B Barnes (@guest_1012775)
2 years ago

I agree with President Trump! Vandalism and arson are against the law. The people doing these acts should be jailed for the full 10 years!

Teresa B Barnes (@guest_1012776)
2 years ago

Thank you President Trump for being a true American hero. These vandals and arsonist should be jailed for the full 10 years. No parole

Julia cooper (@guest_1012778)
2 years ago

I can’t believe this is even a question, of course destroyers of public property should be arrested and locked up. Normal citizens would be immediately punished.

James Marchant (@guest_1012784)
2 years ago

This has come many years late
Should have been done 50 years ago

Loren Bramel (@guest_1012785)
2 years ago

I never expected politicians to promote anarchy. The socialist demos are hateful and devisive! They released criminals from jail, knowing they would cause mayhem.They created the quick release, no bail with the same intent to harm innocent and vulnerable citizens! They used their office voice to further their attack on THE REPUBLIC OF WE THE PEOPLE! Inciting riots and aiding and abetting terrorists is illegal tyranny! Bailing out and raising money to release and fund more terror is also illegal. Where is the constitutional law of we the people? Are the demo- socios truely above the law??????? Executive orders to send cv19 directly into rest homes is blatant proof of their global intent! My opinion backed by my observation!

RICHARD BEAL (@guest_1012786)
2 years ago

put a catapult by border and sent them on their way

T Sotirakis (@guest_1012788)
2 years ago

Absolutely they should go to jail. I wish he had acted when the first monument was vandalized. It time to restore law and order to this country. I will definitely vote Trump in 2020.

Nancy Creamer (@guest_1012789)
2 years ago

Should have been stopped with the first statue then it wouldn’t have destroyed so many. Lock them up and make them pay for replacements. Pelosi should be arrested for the portraits that she had removed , this is not “her “ country. Treason

Richard Chadwick (@guest_1012790)
2 years ago

I am completely in support of OUR PRESIDENT!!!! The leftists, anarchists, just plain hoodlums have have a free ticket for far too long!!!!!!
While solid citizens have been working at building and improving our great nation, the dreggs of the earth have been hell bent on it’s destruction!! Past time to end it!!! And quite frankly I have no qualms with shooting the scum!!!!!!!

Helen (@guest_1012794)
2 years ago

Since alot of these people are getting paid to commit these crimes, perhaps they’d like to get paid for videos taken of certain people in the act, which, ofcourse would be anonymous, and prosecutions could proceed. In addition, perhaps these nitwits should do some studying on the statues they’ve destroyed in addition to Jesus, who was not white, not black but a Jew.

cc (@guest_1012808)
2 years ago

IT’S ABOUT TIME–Federal Prison please!!

Kathie Gemmill (@guest_1012824)
2 years ago

Yes, they should definitely be arrested and spend the next many years of their lives paying to restore the damage they caused.

CT Wang (@guest_1012826)
2 years ago

Can’t happen soon enough!!!!!

Lillie Stout (@guest_1012843)
2 years ago

I agree with President Trump. Those thugs should be jailed.

FRED K WHITE (@guest_1012845)
2 years ago

Absolutely! If they don’t like it here, move. If you are going to be here and take advantage of what this country provides, respect it! Otherwise take your body to where you think utopia is for you, and it is not in the United States.

Glenda (@guest_1012860)
2 years ago

Thank you for taking action. I stand 100% with you.

Douglas Henton (@guest_1012865)
2 years ago

I’m a history nut. Some I am proud of & some I don’t like. I NOR NOBODY ANYWHERE HAS THE RIGHT TO PICK & CHOOSE WHAT THEY WANT TO TELL FUTURE GENERATIONS. THIS IS COMPLETELY & TOTALLY COMMUNISM IN IT’S FULLEST FORM! THE DEMONICRATS TODAY ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO I GREW UP WITH DESTROYED CAMPUSES AND CITIES IN THE 1960’s WITH NO REGARD FOR ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES. TALK ABOUT HISTORY. NOTHING SEEMS TO HAVE CHANGED. THESE PEOPLE ARE SAME TERRORISTS AS THE WEATHERMAN JUST WITH DIFFERENT NAMES TODAY. BOTTOM LINE, DESTROY AMERICA FROM WITHIN. MAYBE WITH GEORGE SORES NATIONALITY REVEALED, UNDERSTAND WHY HE is so against America. HE & THE NAZI’S, OH WAIT HE IS A NAZI, ALONG WITH THE AXIS IN WWII GOT THEIR BUTT KICKED ALL THE WAY BACK TO BERLIN.
50,000,000+ DIED BECAUSE OF THE NAZI’S. SORES WAS AN SS OFFICER. WONDER HOW MANY OF THOSE INNOCENT PEOPLE DIED @ HIS HANDS?
I actually have thanked God many many times that my Dad is not alive to see what is going on today. The LITERAL HELL HE WENT THROUGH & MILLIONS OF OTHER MEN LIKE HIM & FOR THE FAMILIES OF THOSE WHO HAVE LOST LOVED ONES IN WAR FOR OUR FREEDOM AND TO HAVE A GROUP WHO DON’T HAVE THE RIGHT TO EVEN BE CALLED AMERICAN ARE DOING EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER TO DESTROY OUR NATION WHILE PADDING THEIR OWN POCKETS IS SO SICK!!!!! THEY USING THOSE WHO WON’T TAKE THE TIME TO CHECK OUT THINGS FOR THEMSELVES & are SLAVES TO THE LYING MEDIA, IS SO SAD. It is so easy to check out anything or ANYONE. Just takes a little time and button clicks. The DemonicRats are depending on people’s laziness & apathy to brain wash them into their agenda & won’t figure it out until it is too late.

April Featherkile (@guest_1012866)
2 years ago

This law has been on the books since 2003 when cemeteries were being vandalized. Confederate soldiers have been recognized in national cementaries for many years. Why hasn’t anyone been charged until now and Trump had to point it out. Where are all the prosecutors in these cities? OH excuse me..they only go after State crimes.

Rosie (@guest_1012874)
2 years ago

Yes Amen and Amen 20years is to short. I wanted to cry when I saw what I saw.Thank You President Trump 4 more years. Praise God for you.

William Booker (@guest_1012880)
2 years ago

These liberal jerks are not worthy of US citizenship. Their citizenship should be revoked & after serving their 10 years, they should be deported to whatever socialist heaven they choose, at their expense, of course.

Robert Cantrell (@guest_1012888)

its about time

roxie (@guest_1012910)
2 years ago

I thought it was already illegal to damage public property, considered vandalism. I couldn’t understand why it was glazed over and nothing done about it. THANKS for this new awareness and enforcement of this law and no excuses. IF YOU BREAK THE LAW, YOU DO THE TIME. So grateful for law enforcement officers.

southern girl, proud (@guest_1012938)
2 years ago

I have been enraged by the total denial and destruction of American history. I dont have to ask permission from anyone to honor my Southern ancestors. rabble rousers from out of town and state came here several years ago and demanded the confederate statue in our town be removed because it offended some. SO WHAT? when our yankee carpetbaggers on the commission ordered it taken down, they did so in the dark of night. no one knew what was to come. in the process, the company destroyed it. I believe it was intentional. History is just that. it cannot be erased just because some people dont like it. I dont like a lot of street names, but I put up with it. if I can tolerate that, why can’t you tolerate my history????

Scott Romain (@guest_1012948)
2 years ago

I would a thought it was already a jailable offense. WTF

Proud Irish American (@guest_1012961)
2 years ago

Yes it’s about time something gets done but now will the states enforce it. Will he next do something about burning the American flag. Which is also a disgrace in so Many ways. If you don’t like it here leave. Why try to take apart all of our history? It’s not like we were alive and owned slaves or like anybody alive today was a slave. If they keep trying to take away from us all that we know and just try to keep getting more for themselves then it is just going to make people that were not racist, racist.

Sheryl (@guest_1013055)
Reply to  Proud Irish American

I totally agree!

James Groenendal (@guest_1013075)
Reply to  Proud Irish American
2 years ago

What we have here are American Isis rebels removing all our monuments as Isis did to all religious monuments

Mew (@guest_1013203)
Reply to  James Groenendal
2 years ago

This is so tragic! They think they can erase our history by doing what they are doing?

Robert H Hull (@guest_1013080)
Reply to  Proud Irish American
2 years ago

I totally agree with Trump and he should sign a executive order for burning the American Flag a lot of men and women served in the U.S. Military and died for this country.
Let’s bring back the Draft or make ever young American at least serve 3 years and bring back discipline it will make a better man out of you.

Ray Riggin (@guest_1013113)
Reply to  Proud Irish American
2 years ago

The individuals that are doing this are racist individuals who are trying to sanitize our history, and they have no elegance to our country.

Deeply Concerned American (@guest_1012972)

I Agree With Proud Irish American. It is A Disgrace For Anyone To Get Away With
BURNING OUR FLAG. It should Definitely be an Enforced Federal Law that Flag Burning And Monument Destruction Are Punishable Crimes Of Treason Under The Federal Government, NOT STATE GOVERNMENT. They’ve Already Proved They Won’t Prosecute THE MOB that has had their Blessing and a Free Hand To Destroy Anyone’s Life And Property And Our AMERICAN DREAM. That We The People Have Worked So Hard To Achieve.
So By All Means Somebody Do Something Already To Make These, Treasonous Lowlifes Pay For Trying To Destroy Our Country, OUR AMERICAN DREAM .

John (@guest_1013064)
Reply to  Deeply Concerned American
2 years ago

Jail all the Democrats no matter who they r or if there a politician ,protester, or media, they have distorted this country to no end