July 1, 2022

Trump to issue executive order authorizing arrest and jailing of monument vandals

President Trump isn’t playing games with protesters desecrating national monuments any longer.

He announced on Tuesday that he has given the order authorizing the arrest and jailing of “anyone who vandalizes or destroys any monument, statue or other such Federal Property.”

Trump tweeted:

I have authorized the Federal Government to arrest anyone who vandalizes or destroys any monument, statue or other such Federal property in the U.S. with up to 10 years in prison, per the Veteran’s Memorial Preservation Act, or such other laws that may be pertinent. This action is taken effective immediately, but may also be used retroactively for destruction or vandalism already caused. There will be no exceptions!

Supposedly anti-racist protesters have targeted their rage at statues and historical monuments in recent days. The first statues to come down were those of confederate generals such as Robert E. Lee. Conservatives sounded the alarm that radical activists wouldn’t stop there. The predictions came true at a dizzying speed.

Activists are now targeting monuments of decidedly anti-slavery historical figures, like the statue of prominent Philadelphia abolitionist Matthias Baldwin and another of Union General Ulysses S. Grant, who led the union army to victory in the American civil war.

In the quest to rewrite history in their own name, leftists will not stop until all vestiges of what America was built on are destroyed. One of failed presidential candidate Bernie Sanders’ top surrogates, Shaun King, even called for statues of Jesus Christ to be torn down because they are a form of “white supremacy.”

Most recently, protesters attempted to tear down the statue of Andrew Jackson in Lafayette Park, just outside the White House, on Monday evening, prompting Donald Trump to take swift action.

Trump has made it clear that he will not tolerate the leftists’ assault on history, confirming Tuesday morning that he is preparing an executive order criminalizing the defacement of such monuments. “I will have an executive order very shortly, and all it’s really going to do is reinforce what’s already there, but in a more uniform way,” Trump told reporters.

Trump indicated that he is encouraging prosecution of vandals to the fullest extent of the law. “We are looking at long-term jail sentences for these vandals and these hoodlums and the anarchists and agitators, and call them whatever you want,” Trump said. “Some people don’t like that language, but that’s what they are. They’re bad people. They don’t love our country. And they’re not taking down our monuments. I just want to make that clear.”

Do you agree with President Trump that these vandals should be jailed? Scroll down to the comments section to let us know what you think!

Stephen Moore (@guest_1012684)
2 years ago

Hey, I am not an attorney and don’t have access to law books but I am smart enough to know that destruction, without authorization, of any municipal, county, state or federal property is against the law. I commend out President for trying to better define the law that is already on the books to force government law enforcement to stand up and do their job. I don’t care what it takes but it seems the right and left are playing chess with our monuments and ANYONE defacing or destructing them should be adjudicated to the fullest extent of the law. Only my opinion…

CDDG (@guest_1012685)
2 years ago

My question is, why just now?!

raymond e charette (@guest_1012686)

YES ARREST THEM ALL ON FEDERAL PROPERTY. GO TRUMP LANDSLIDE VICTORY IN NOVEMBER

Connie Stevens (@guest_1012687)
2 years ago

YES I agree with Trump, do whatever to get rid of these non Americans, arrest them but better yet if they want to live in a socialistic environment send them to Bernie and Nancy Pelosi home, give them a taste of what they have done to our country .
THEY ARE ALL TERRIOST, HEADED UP BY Sorros and his bunch if radical cronies, who have wanted to take this country over for decades.

BURT (@guest_1012690)

AND NO BAILOUTS!!!

Donald Vicklund (@guest_1012691)
2 years ago

It’s a good thing that they prosecute, for we need to have our history preserved for the next generation. Come on people where is the pride we once new. I think that the people that topple, deface our monuments should be put in prison for 50 years with out perole!!! By doing so the thugs may think twice about their neg. actions.

Robert Whitaker (@guest_1012692)
2 years ago

Yes LOCK THEM UP. what makes them think they are above the Law? Especially our historical monuments, if they like them or not.

James Helms (@guest_1012693)
2 years ago

Yes, most definitely. Federal police should’ve been doing this already. Protect our history and heritage at all cost.

Melissa (@guest_1012694)
2 years ago

Please extend this to state and municiple governments as well. Make them put back ones already taken down

NORMA (@guest_1012696)
2 years ago

I COMMEND PRESIDENT TRUMP FOR FINALLY TAKING THIS ACTION THAT MAYORS & GOVERNORS SHOULD HAVE TAKEN. WE ARE THANKFUL HE IS OUR PRESIDENT, AND NOT AFRAID TO FIGHT & DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR OUR COUNTRY.

Martha Morrow (@guest_1012697)
2 years ago

The law is the law. Enforce it.

Corazon (@guest_1012706)
2 years ago

We got to save our country from the evil antifa and black lives matters,communist, liberals,and socialist groups. Our founding fathers and mothers are turning in their gravestone. Furious and angry, what’s happening in our country they fought for.

Michael Corns (@guest_1012707)
2 years ago

Yes, I hope this includes all cemeteries around the country as well.

Raymond A Christian (@guest_1012708)
2 years ago

God bless the USA and President Trump. If they come to Texas to mess with Alamo, I am going down there to stop them in their Tracks. Come and take it. This will be a Bad day for Antifa and BLM.
Raymond

Janice Hamman (@guest_1012709)
2 years ago

I sounds to me like BLM has nothing to do with supporting black, but is rather what the liberals, Socialist, and Communist are using to destroy our country. After some of them are arrested and learn they will spend time in jail, they may change their minds.

Yvonne Shelton Crumpler (@guest_1012710)
2 years ago

President Trump is doing his job. He is acting in the best interest of the U.S.A. He has support from many people in our country. If people are destroying government property they are taking money out of the pockets of our citizens. Always remember we are a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Our President is doing the job he was elected to do: Serve and Protect the people of this country.

Timothy Bammel (@guest_1012715)
2 years ago

Yes Mr President , it’s about time, those bastards need to be held accountable for their actions, they are not for America. Screw them.you have my total support, this shit needs to stop. Wish I could donate a lot of money for our cause, but I’m barely making it on S.S.I.,783.00a month barely cover’s my bills. I’m praying for you and our country 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 and our Police and our troops. Keep up the good work 💪👍👍👍👍😊 I’m with you.

Randy Oliphant (@guest_1012717)
2 years ago

It’s time a stop was put to the protest and all action that destroyed public property !!!!!! They are doing not anything right

carey heuter (@guest_1012718)
2 years ago

YES,about time someone stood-up to these criminal degenerents and all of them should be hung until dead.

Avatar666 (@guest_1012720)
2 years ago

The destruction of statues and property are all part of the democrats/socialist/communist plot to destroy America and the government while they seize power. Antifa and BLM have planned it ever since President Trump got elected.

If you don’t want the country to turn the reins over to anarchist VOTE A STRAIGHT REPUBLICAN TICKET

Sharon Werdebaugh (@guest_1012721)
2 years ago

Yes! The vandals should be jailed!

ICE (@guest_1012722)
2 years ago

ARREST THEM REVOKE THEIR CITIZENSHIP AND DEPORT THEM TO IRAN !

Cyndi McMillan (@guest_1012723)
2 years ago

Arrest them, put them in fed prison no court, make them repair /put back everything they took down/damaged make them work for food and place to live and any damage that can not be put back the way they were.

Cheryl Smith (@guest_1012725)
2 years ago

Yes, I fully agree that with our President.

Linda Johnson (@guest_1012726)
2 years ago

These vandals and terrorists should have already been in prison. They have already desecrated a lot of southern memorials and I for one am fed up with these un-American rioters and I’m ready for them to be taken out of the decent population foe a long, long time!

Bernard Scanlon (@guest_1012730)
2 years ago

Executive orders like this should be expanded to the dismantling of the government and country as well. And carry an act of treason for these states whose Governor or Cities whose mayor that has been guilty of sabotaging the country. No weaseling out of it with fake words like sanctuary states, or Cities. This has gone too far already. And instead of better they’re only making it worse. So by that alone, they all should swing.

Charles Laws (@guest_1012731)
2 years ago

I certainly agree with President Trump in this regard and it is time someone takes a firm stance regarding this issue. These so called activist can tear down all of the statues and monuments they want they cannot alter history, all they will accomplish is to guarantee this will happen again. Some of these people need to grow up rather than act like a group of teenagers. Thank you Mr. President for the action you have taken.

Kerry Brannon (@guest_1012732)
2 years ago

These wackos have to be stopped , like I have always said about our GREAT COUNTRY : LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT !!! I am behind Trump ALL the way , you can’t go around tearing down historical statues because you think it is offensive , it’s a CRIME. Finally someone with common sense (President TRUMP) to put a stop to it , I agree LOCK THEM UP. Make them pay for the damage. I should not be surprised to see that democrats have done NOTHING TO STOP THIS NONSENSE. THANKS PRESIDENT TRUMP FOR STANDING UP FOR TRUE AMERICANS. WE MUST REELECT TRUMP OR WE ARE IN FOR COUNTRY WIDE MARSHAL LAW.

Irene kennedy (@guest_1012739)
Reply to  Kerry Brannon
2 years ago

Since Nancy Pelosi’s father was instrumental in having a few of these monuments put in place, can we remove HER????

12345 (@guest_1012764)
Reply to  Irene kennedy

We can only hope !!!

EttaMae Svider (@guest_1012772)
Reply to  Irene kennedy
2 years ago

NOT soon enough!!! Get rid of piglooosi NOW.

Audrey DelPrince (@guest_1012925)
Reply to  Irene kennedy
2 years ago

Can’t wait to see her behind bars!!!!

Gene Gawryleski (@guest_1012942)
Reply to  Irene kennedy

I second that motion!

Judy Oehrke (@guest_1012963)
Reply to  Irene kennedy
2 years ago

Yes please remove Nancy Pelosi now. Punish them to the fullest. Even Wallace the Nascar driver who wanted the Confederate flag removed. It’s history live with it. It’s my history to. Stop acting like spoiled brats, that’s had everything handed to you. Why should such a group of thugs control the streets & tearup everything in their path to ruin someone else’s life. They should be punished now. As long as they get what they want there will be no end to their demands. STOP it now.

Jeffery (@guest_1012799)
Reply to  Kerry Brannon
2 years ago

These hoods need prosecuted to the full extent of the law if they don’t like our country they need to leave now!!

AK (@guest_1012904)
Reply to  Jeffery
2 years ago

Looks like its going to be up to the citizens .apparently politics is allowing racist criminals to take over..

Lan Huynh (@guest_1012915)
Reply to  Kerry Brannon
2 years ago

I totally agree with you.
Those “useful idiots” protesters are purely pushed by the evil communists, who worship 3 Nos:
No country, No family, No religion!
I am a VOC (Victim of the communists), so I know!
God bless America!
God bless President Trump!

Vince (@guest_1013016)
Reply to  Kerry Brannon
2 years ago

Mayors & Police Chiefs gave ORDERS to NOT ARREST THESE CRIMINALS.
You will NOTICE the MAYORS are ‘LIBERAL DEMOCRATS’!!!!!

Florence (@guest_1012733)
2 years ago

I agree, they are trying to rewrite our history, well I have news for them they can tear down as many monuments as they want and it will not change our history it will only cause more hatred and rebellion and in the end we will have a country with no law. I pray that God will help our President and Our Nation for God is truly our only hope. I pray His Kingdom come His Will be done in Earth as it is in Heaven, In Jesus Name I Pray, AMEN🙏🙏🙏

Kathleen Scarpati (@guest_1012735)
2 years ago

Yes, I am all in for arresting people for defacing or removing historical monuments. These people causing mayhem is just to much. If they don’t like our country and it’s history, they should leave this country. It’s history, it happened, you can’t erase it.

Don (@guest_1012736)
2 years ago

They do, Kerry, and I want to know when the DOJ is going to do their jobs…….besides investigating.

Retha Cook (@guest_1012737)
2 years ago

I agree totally. I don’t think 10 years is long enough! You can’t change history by tearing down monuments! They have gone too far. Enough is enough it’s time for action. These animals must be stopped!

Franklin E. Fritts (@guest_1012738)
2 years ago

With tearing down these historic monuments I also believe that these hoodlums and leftist people should be jailed for burning the American flag which they have done so often in these past years.

Retha Cook (@guest_1012740)
2 years ago

Dr. Roger L. Meyer (@guest_1012741)
2 years ago

It is past time to start putting a little bit of consequences into their actions. As Newton said, “Every action has an equal but opposite reaction”, but in this case I hope that the reaction is at least the square of the action.

Ellen Monchick (@guest_1012742)
2 years ago

Yes….destroying Federal property is an illegal offense. Time has come to stop the radical socialists, communists or any other anti Amercan criminals who chose to break our laws.

Danny (@guest_1012743)
2 years ago

It’s about time we returned to law and order. I have worked in third world countries that wasn’t this bad. It’s time that all citizens should be held accountable for their actions.

Linda Bilia (@guest_1012745)
2 years ago

Should have been done at the very beginning.
Unfortunately , there has been many beautiful pieces of American History destroyed. So sad to see this happen.😢

marnie (@guest_1012792)
Reply to  Linda Bilia
2 years ago

Agree Linda. So many beautiful statutes and monuments destroyed because of their evil-doing. They should have to pay for their destruction. What right do they have to destroy what belongs to all Americans.?

karen nelson (@guest_1012747)
2 years ago

I say lock them all up cause it is private property and it doesn’t belong to them .

Tawni Henderson (@guest_1012748)
2 years ago

To the full extent of the law! These wack jobs need to be shown…If you don’t like OUR Country, there’s the door….LEAVE, We won’t stop you.