May 23, 2022

Trump says he’s lost ‘a fortune’ since running for president in 2016

President Trump revealed on Saturday that he and his family have suffered enormous economic losses since leaving behind his successful real estate business to run for President in 2016.

“Believe me. I didn’t do it for me,” Trump told supporters at a rally in Janesville, Wisconsin. “I lost a fortune. This job has cost me billions and billions of dollars.”

“I would say it cost me two, three, maybe more billion dollars,” the president added, explaining that he didn’t want to rely on donors to fund his campaign — leading to great personal loss.

“Nobody could ever raise money like me, I just don’t want to do it,” Trump said. “Because it puts us all … meaning us, I did this for us, and not for me.”

After Trump’s tax returns were leaked in late September, the president endured relentless mockery for what the New York Times characterized as “chronic losses.”

Dozens of blue checks on Twitter derided his business acumen, claiming that he’s deeply in debt and that the losses prove that he’s a fraud.

In addition to spending billions of his personal fortune to run for president, Trump reminded the crowd — and Democrats — that despite their claims that he is using the office to enrich himself, Trump has donated his presidential salary every quarter to a different government agency.

Trump told the crowd on Saturday, however, “Billions I lost, and that’s ok, because I’m doing something that’s the most important thing I’ve ever done.”

Jeanne (@guest_1064260)

Thank God for President Trump. We need to come out in droves, in a red wave to re elect him.

Dolores (@guest_1064385)
Reply to  Jeanne

And Get RID of the BIDEN’s campaign for President!!!!!! Sounds like he is selling off our country!!!!!

Kaye Snider (@guest_1064399)
Reply to  Jeanne

yes we do and I hope it is a land slide for him

Marc (@guest_1064429)
Reply to  Jeanne

Congratulation! My sentiment exactly!

DWB (@guest_1064475)
Reply to  Jeanne

I agree with you, TRUMP 2020.

Kenn (@guest_1064479)
Reply to  Jeanne

YES, we do!

Robin Andrews (@guest_1064559)
Reply to  Jeanne

Yes amen to that. Trump is the greatest President ever.

Cathy A Del Toro (@guest_1064261)

Thank you President Trump for all you have done for us. You have given up so much and endured so much crap from the evil democrats. I myself did not realize how evil and corrupt they are. I pray for you each and every day and I thank God for putting you in office. I pray earnestly for a second term for you. Americans love you and we need you more than you know. Keep up the fight and may God continue to bless you, your family and your loyal administration.

Laura (@guest_1064271)
Reply to  Cathy A Del Toro

He has shown us just how crooked Obama And Joe along with all Democrats and media. I now do not know one Democrat who supports Biden. Get ready for a landslide

Sheryl (@guest_1064322)
Reply to  Cathy A Del Toro

Well stated Cathy. I say Amen!

Andres Rios (@guest_1064329)
Reply to  Cathy A Del Toro

Amen to that 🙏

Kristie Wagner (@guest_1064382)
Reply to  Cathy A Del Toro

Amen!

Kenda (@guest_1064570)
Reply to  Cathy A Del Toro

I agree with Cathy! Trump is the greatest President! He loves American and all [email protected]@ TRUMP 2020.

robert sanders (@guest_1064262)

PRESIDENT TRUMP. YOU WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT THE UNITED STATES HAS EVER HAD. WE ARE ALL PROUD OF YOU. MONEY CANT BUY ALL THE LOVE THE PEOPLE HAVE FOR YOU. GOD BLESS. MAGA

Lorraine Smith (@guest_1064264)

President Trump is the most self-giving, America-loving President
we have ever had and we are damned lucky that he exists.

Laura (@guest_1064267)
Reply to  Lorraine Smith

Your right

Ronelle and Harry Kumjian (@guest_1064370)
Reply to  Laura

dido

Laura (@guest_1064266)

This is why he going to win again. Biden hasn’t had one accomplished thing that Biden has done. The people know what Trump will do he’s kept every Promise and he’ll do the same Obama was a disaster it helped the unfortunate but slammed everyone else. That plan for me tripled and I’m not alone that is why Trump won last time.

BennieLynn Clawson (@guest_1064270)

He is a very special man, and just what this country needed, and always will need. The rest are greedy politicians, while Trump is really trying to drain the swamp. He has done more for this country than any president in history. My hat is off to him!! It isn’t about the money for him?? What DOES he have to gain?? It is the love of our country, who, with the exception of the silent majority, has ran him down to the point of making me physically ill. GOD BLESS YOU, PRESIDENT TRUMP!!! With OUR GOD I see a RED WAVE come Nov. 3rd!!!

Mark Smith (@guest_1064272)

It is time to take our country back from the LEFT and NWO with FORCE

Patriots Act (@guest_1064336)
Reply to  Mark Smith

Locked and loaded,
ready when you are,
so is my once Demoncratic area.
We know the truth and will take action.
🇺🇸🥁 Trump 2020 🥁🇺🇸

Linda (@guest_1064273)

President Trump your a true n best we have had in many many years . That really cares more bout helping OUR country n ALL Americans. Unlike the Dems n the fraud obama only care bout destroying America. Their all scared of being exposed of their crimes . God bless you n your family n Vp Pence n family.

FRANCES BRADSTREET (@guest_1064277)

Diana Hayse (@guest_1064280)

I agree with all the above! Can’t imagine what would have happened in this pandemic if Hillary was President! Scary stuff!!
Thank u so much for your sacrifice for our country!

Helen Mathewson (@guest_1064281)

Only God could have placed President Trump in this office and in this time in history. I believe God is trying to tell us something and we’d better wake up before it’s too late.
The persecution that our President has endured is like nothing I have ever seen. It reminds me of what Jesus endured to save us all.
God bless Donald Trump

Lela G Goar (@guest_1064283)

God bless you President Trump! You have accomplished so much for the American people, even though you have had to fight the Democrats and the Washington establishment the entire time you have been up there. There is no telling what you could have done if you had had the least bit of cooperation from Congress, and I include some Republicans as well as the Democrats and Independents. You have upset their applecart and they can never forgive you for that, regardless of the damage it does to America and the citizens of this country. I, too, pray for you daily

Deborah Windon (@guest_1064290)

We love you Mr. President Trump and your beautiful family, God has blessed us with a President that is really for the American people and not about gaining his fame and fortune you also have picked a Great Vice-PresidentPence, every campaign promise you have made you have kept, that is very unfamiliar to us we are not use to having a leader who keeps his promises, thank you for service and we will be voting for you to lead us for another 4 years, God bless you!🙏🙏

LONE WOLF (@guest_1064298)
Reply to  Deborah Windon

Nice comment. ME TOO!

LONE WOLF (@guest_1064293)

I don’t know how others feel about this article, all I know is that Donald Trump has not taken a salary for his time as President. It’s a proven fact that he donates his salary to the military. Now, why don’t we discuss how Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, Bloomberg and other crooked Democrats came to be filthy rich? How many other politicians ( Democrat or Republican ) do/did not accept a salary and work ( if they work at all ) for free? It’s very easy to criticize someone just because you don’t like them but, it’s not right to put them down for what they are trying to do for our country!

Patriots Act (@guest_1064340)
Reply to  LONE WOLF

AMEN

asianladyphil (@guest_1064294)

i want American people to wake up! Trump has done a lot of good things for our country, that’s why democrats they didn’t like him to win. If Biden win, we will lost our country forever. Just think about that. Biden wins. China wins. We will have Chinese businesses and a lot of them will be in the white house; congress, senators, generals and the like. they’ll turn our country into a communist one. It’s scary. They will run this country and democrats will be happy that they’ll be getting their shares from their businesses…They are Unamerican. they do not love our country. Trump/Pence 2020!!!

Deb Sunseri (@guest_1064297)

President Trump, a most phenomenal man who has given up so much to help the people of this country – we need to make absolutely Sure he is re-elected and let him continue to fix the mess the left has placed us all in. God Bless President Trump, The First Lady and the entire Trump family for giving up their fine lifestyle so this country has a chance for continued freedom and economic success. I Do hope someday to see his son as President as well. I have no doubt that President Trump will go down in history as the Best President this country has ever had and I remember each one since I was 10 .. with President Kennedy – -I honestly say I do not remember Eisenhower even though I was a kid – We Need to RE-ELECT President Trump On Nov 3rd 2020 – we need him to stay in office! God Bless President Donald J Trump! We LOVE YOU.

Jo Ann (@guest_1064346)
Reply to  Deb Sunseri

I agree with all the above
God Bless our President
and his family.

john coughlin (@guest_1064299)

i believe trump is saving america and improving world conditions, inspite of
negative media & consistant interuption and blockage by the democratic party. i pray that almighty god will protect our president , his family , and the united states of america.

jack coughlin

mbr722 (@guest_1064306)

Has anyone asked Biden where his quarterly donation of his salary for four years will go? No, they haven’t! Has anyone asked why Biden thinks we should support the illegals who have come in droves to our country? No they haven’t? Has anyone asked Biden if we want our money to go to support illegals? No they haven’t! We don’t need to ask President Trump about those things. We already see his answers. President Trump is the best that has ever happened to us! We are in a far better place than we were 4 years or more ago. TRUMP 2020. Another 4 years, please!

Daniel (@guest_1064317)

President Trump remains a human being. Fallible in every way, but here’s the difference. God knew which man to elect for the most critical elections in America’s history-the 2020 one. If President Trump, whom had endured the most vile vicious attack of all the President’s I remember in my generation. If did not have the courage and boldness to hit the the CORRUPTED DEMOCRAT RATS HARD IN EVERY WAY he could, they would not be courteous in any manner whatsoever. The are Demon spawned. Godless. LOSERS. Haters. Conniving schemes. I PRAY that every American Patriot will hit the voter path with in-person voting in the largest turnout EVER and smash all hopes of DemoncRats ever getting ascendancy into any Presidential; Legal, or Judicial positions for the next 3 three or four terms. Of America falls the whole world dies. Praying with you all to make the correct chouce

Daniel (@guest_1064319)

President Trump remains a human being. Fallible in every way, but here’s the difference. God knew which man to elect for the most critical elections in America’s history-the 2020 one. If President Trump, whom had endured the most vile vicious attack of all the President’s I remember in my generation. If did not have the courage and boldness to hit the the CORRUPTED DEMOCRAT RATS HARD IN EVERY WAY he could, they would not be courteous in any manner whatsoever. The are Demon spawned. Godless. LOSERS. Haters. Conniving schemes. I PRAY that every American Patriot will hit the voter path with in-person voting in the largest turnout EVER and smash all hopes of DemoncRats ever getting ascendancy into any Presidential; Legal, or Judicial positions for the next 3 three or four terms. If America falls the whole world dies. Praying with you all to make the correct CHOICE

Rose (@guest_1064326)

If President Trump doesn’t win it shows how STUPID the American people are!

Damnable Dems (@guest_1064359)
Reply to  Rose

More like how corrupted the
political /voting systems really.
Trump wins!

Debra (@guest_1064328)

Thank you President Trump for all you have done for our country. I know you have lost so much money plus not taking your pay. I hope the next 4 years you take your pay cause you definitely deserve it plus more. God is with you but your up against evil and I mean pure evil. I’ve never seen this world as evil as it is now. Prayers for you and your family plus VP Pence and his family. May God send a army of angels to keep all of you safe and keep this election fair. God Bless

ED SCOVILLE (@guest_1064331)

Yesterday on the way to the car wash in the small town of Turlock, Ca. I got caught up in a never before seen grid- lock caused by an extremely long convoy of vehicles flying Trump 2020 flags, American flags and the fine blue line flags. This was a very large enthusiastic group of folks that appeared to be in the thirty’s to fifties age group. I suppose they were a part of the silent majority that has not yet been able to take the time to vote. I believe that when their vote is counted, if not trashed somehow it will cause a great surge in votes for President Trump. What puzzles me is after seeing so many pathetic Biden rallies and campaign ads on TV that Biden is leading in votes. It is very hard for me to believe that there are enough people in this country stupid enough to elect Biden and Harris. If there is, God help us for we are lost.

paw paw (@guest_1064335)

Notice how the media and Democrats NEVER mention Trump giving up his salary. They don’t ever mention all the good Trump has done and when confronted, they just change the subject. Let’s NOT let them get away with this! They are EVIL and this is really a spiritual battle between good and bad! They are incapable of knowing the EVIL they are involved in! I’ve never seen anything like this in my life and I’m 71 yrs. old!

asimina triloba (@guest_1064417)
Reply to  paw paw

Lets cross pollinate

horntex (@guest_1064344)

We need to bury these evil Democrats this election.
You have a choice, vote for America or vote for China.

Bubba Hill (@guest_1064418)
Reply to  horntex

Have shovel will travel
Trump forever

B King (@guest_1064504)
Reply to  horntex

Horntex, you are spot on. Biden is more loyal to China than the US. He will sell us all out to China ASAP! Just think how corrupt the last administration was, Obama, Biden and Clinton! We had one foot in the grave and most of us didn’t know it!

Joe D'Orio (@guest_1064349)

How much is his salary?
How much did he take in from secret-service use of his properties?

Truth hurts huh! (@guest_1064363)
Reply to  Joe D'Orio

What any president is entitled to under the American system.
Ask about, Obama, Clinton first!

JIM KUIPER (@guest_1064361)

MR. PRESIDENT… THANK YOU FOR THE WAY YOU COMBAT TERRORISM, LIES AND DECEIT THAT YOU SEE EVERY DAY!. You are criticized daily for the direct, stern way you respond to all your detractors, but, the AMERICAN VOTERS MUST REALIZE AND UNDERSTAND THAT ANY SOFT, WISHY-WASHY RESPONSE FROM YOU AND YOUR SUPPORTERS WILL BE
INEFFECTIVE IN COMBATING THE DECEIT AND OUT-RIGHT LIES OF THE FAKE (MAINSTREAM) MEDIA, DAILY FOISTED ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. ALL TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOTS MUST RALLY TO SUPPORT OUR PRESIDENT AND OUR COUNTRY! WE PRAY THAT GOD WILL BLESS YOU, AND GOD BLESS AMERICA, AND KEEP HER FREE !!

Truth hurts huh! (@guest_1064366)

Let’s all just try and get along.
Oops, didn’t work, let’s bury the Dems.
Have shovel will travel.
Trump MAGA

Terry (@guest_1064368)

Thank you PRESIDENT TRUMP, God bless you for loving the AMERICAN people and the United States.

RALPH O MAVILLA (@guest_1064384)

President Trump is the working man and womans president we need to teach the democrats a lesson and make the pay hard and dearly

Rosalie Turner (@guest_1064387)

Thank you President Trump for all your hard work and genius decisions. You have done so much for the people of the United States and others. Never seen anything like it. God bless you and your family for all of your sacrifices. I pray to God we get 4 more years. For years and years we talked about needing a business man to run our Country. We prayed to God to put Jesus back in our lives. We prayed to let our flag proudly fly again. My husband developed Stage 4 Merkel Cell cancer, I prayed to God to save him. You signed the Executive order for “The Right To Choose Act.”. He signed the papers for Experimental Immune Therapy, he is still with me. That was 3 years ago and he is still with me. God Bless You!

Janet Ginger (@guest_1064592)
Reply to  Rosalie Turner

God Bless You and Your Husband. That is a beautiful story. Will be praying for you and your husband. President Trump and The Good Lord are watching out for us.

Michael (@guest_1064397)

That nothing. Our country has lost TRILLIONS!!!

Professor Einstein (@guest_1064448)
Reply to  Michael

If he had any influence over a Demoncratic congress he could get them to do the right things (but they hate him you understand right?). So blaming Trump for our country’s woes is incorrect. Vote all red this year and then you can say that caca.

Tsw (@guest_1064400)

God Bless President Trump!

john R (@guest_1064413)

everyone, please take the time to divide the year (2020) by the devil’s signature (666), and you come up with the Text msg of 30330 issued in Biden’s campaign. THINK ABOUT IT !a

Professor Einstein (@guest_1064430)
Reply to  john R

3.0330, but clever!

ONE HAPPY DEPLORABLE! (@guest_1064432)

I’M 85 YEARS OLD AND BORN AND RAISED IN A COMMUNIST COUNTRY! OH MY! WHAT I SEE HERE THE TACTICS THAT ARE DISPLAYED ARE SCARY. THEY START WITH THE MEDIA AND YOUNG PEOPLE IN SCHOOL AND UNIVERSITIES (BRAIN WASH WITH NICE PROPAGANDA), RIOTS, THEN ONCE THEY HAVE YOU HOOKED, IT’S TYRANY, DICTATORSHIP AND CONTROL AND POWER TO KILL WHEN NECESSARY! WHAT A SCARY SENARIO!!!
PRAYING FOR SPECIAL BLESSINGS FOR PRES. TRUMP AND VP PENCE AND FAMILIES AND ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT IN THE SWAMP! ALSO THOSE IN CONGRESS AND SENATE ETC. THAT ARE HELPING. ALSO ALL THOSE IN THE MILITARY THAT ARE STANDING UP FOR OUR FREEDOM. THESE PATHETIC PEOPLE THAT ARE SO POWER HUNGRY WILL HAVE TO ANSWER TO THE GOOD LORD AT JUDGEMENT DAY. THEN THERE WON’T BE ANY PLACE TO HIDE. THANK YOU MR. PRESIDENT AND VP PENCE, WILL BE PARYING FOR YOU AND KNOW THAT GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH THIS ELECTION. HE IS MORE POWERFUL THAN THE evil one and his doers.

Professor Einstein (@guest_1064442)
Reply to  ONE HAPPY DEPLORABLE!

You have said a mouthful.
Trump 2020

John Thomas (@guest_1064485)

Are you REALLY serious? This man is mentally deranged and is a psychotic lier.Facts: (1) Over 220,000 people have died from Trumpitis 19 and if all were buried together they would fill up half of Arlington Cemetery on Wash. DC- Good job Trump.(2) Over 30-35 million unemployed workers in the USA with no benefits- Good job Trump(3) 7 million Trumpitis 19 cases in 9 months- Good job Trump (4) Foreign relations with All countries has gone south including China, N. Korea, NATO, Iran, Iraq and EU (5) Care to travel to Canada, Mexico,Europe or The Caribbean-Sorry you can’t – Good job Trump (6) Care to have your grand children breath clean air and drink fresh water- they wouldn’t be able to (7) So long to social security and Medicare and ACA – Good job Trump. Trump will be tried and found guilty in 2021 and placed in solitary confinement with Ivanka, Jared, AG Barr and his children. See you later Trump. Semper Fi John T

B King (@guest_1064524)
Reply to  John Thomas

You are the perfect example of the idiots who can’t see the light! How is Trump responsible for Covid-19?!!! It was sent to us as a gift from Joe’s best friend, Xi Jinping , and then he tried to make the world believe the US started this VIRUS!!! The left is so deranged with HATRED they can;t think straight! Yes, there have been many deaths here in the US but in proportion to other countries by size that number is not out of line. Just keep trying to twist the facts! The left is the party that will be eliminating SS and medicare! NOT TRUMP! They will also eliminate the elector college limiting us to a one party country forever! Never a choicer again! Joe has told us he is going to tax our corporations as they were taxed when they left our country under Obama . . . another recession, and no jobs that means everything will be too expensive for those left behind. . . No choice, No jobs, No food ! Does that sound like Venezuela to you?! OH! I’m sorry! It truly isn’t your fault the reason the dems exist is because they take anything the Fake news throws at them as FACT!!! and repeat it verbatim. No thinking it through! Dems can think from point A to point A and their leaders depend on that! Now go play with that shiny object in the corner and let the people who can THINK help solve the problems rather than BE THE PROBLEM.

ANA (@guest_1064487)

I BELIEVE MR.PRESIDENT .Thank you for every think what you do for us for AMERICA .
AND DONATE YOUR SALARY TO INSTITUTIONS THAT NEED HELP.YOU HAVE A GOOD HEART.
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
I hope the American people take the right decision when vote in 3 NOV.
452020/TRUMP /PENCE.

masr (@guest_1064501)

Thank you, President Trump!

William Kiely (@guest_1064544)

You may have lost a fortune but we, the American people, gained a President who will fight tooth and nail for us. Thank you Mr. President. TRUMP 2020

Glenda Hammer (@guest_1064601)

If Biden is elected, taxpayers will have to pay somewhere between 65 and 78 hundred dollars a year extra in taxes, since Biden has already said, he’s raising taxes for the government to get 4 trillion dollars in 10 years.

Of course this doesn’t include Hunter or his corrupt cash payments, they get from foreign governments, to line their pockets!
While Hunter and Joe are selling out to China, Ukraine and Russia, Trump gives his Presidential salary to charities!

He does lose millions every year, being President!

Norman Sanders (@guest_1064931)
Reply to  Glenda Hammer

He rips off the government by staying at his properties and charging the Secret Service many more time what other people pay. He has made enough that would pay his salary 100’s of times over.