May 23, 2022

Report: Trump plans launch of competitor to Fox News

Fox News’ behavior on election day and in the aftermath has infuriated many of its own fans and invoked the ire of Donald Trump, and according to a new report, Trump is planning to retaliate.

Axios reported Thursday that Trump is planning to “wreck” Fox News by launching his own conservative online media channel.

Fox News shocked its Conservative fans by calling Arizona for Biden long before even liberal media outlets made the call — and with tens of thousands of ballots left to be counted.

Fox refused to recant the call in the aftermath, further frustrating fans that believe the network is no longer on Trump’s side. Trump himself has criticized Fox a number of times in the runup to the election, but the decided leftward turn during the election appears to have been the final straw.

“‘He plans to wreck Fox. No doubt about it,’ said a source with detailed knowledge of Trump’s intentions,” Axios reported. According to the source, Trump will not likely launch a cable news channel, instead, focusing on an online presence.

Axios reported that the source laid out Trump’s plan:

• There’s been lots of speculation about Trump starting a cable channel. But getting carried on cable systems would be expensive and time-consuming.
  • Instead, Trump is considering a digital media channel that would stream online, which would be cheaper and quicker to start.
  • Trump’s digital offering would likely charge a monthly fee to MAGA fans. Many are Fox News viewers, and he’d aim to replace the network — and the $5.99-a-month Fox Nation streaming service, which has an 85% conversion rate from free trials to paid subscribers — as their top destination.

A high-quality alternative to Fox News would likely be an instant success, as Fox viewers become increasingly discontent with the direction the formerly right-wing news source has taken.

Trump has already taken to promoting alternative conservative media sources such as One America News Network and Newsmax due to Fox’s apparent determination to undermine Trump at every turn.

Would you drop Fox in favor of a Trump-led news source? Scroll down to the comments section and let us know what you think!

Patti Miller (@guest_1073386)

Love Tucker but Fox will probably get rid of him soon Goodbye Fox!

Dolores (@guest_1073444)
Reply to  Patti Miller

Sure hope Fox doesn’t get rid of Tucker. Like him, Hannity and Laura Ingraham.
If Fox goes, what news channel can we depend on?

Donald Tague (@guest_1073522)
Reply to  Dolores

No one

RobinjSouthSr (@guest_1073388)

Fox is done , there all a sh_t show.

JANICE MAXWELL (@guest_1073390)

I have always watch fox but have moved to Newsmax just got sick of more dems and more dems being put on the show that I watch and hated the people like Chris Wallace and Sandy sanders Jedediah Bila cavuto on weekends she makes me sick and she is an idiot she has some of the dumbest Ideas well it all ads up that we no longer want to watch do like Hannity Varney maria Judge Jeanine Tucker Laura Lou Dobbs are all good people but fox sucks love Will Cain and Pete Hegseth wish the good people would move to Newsmax

Richard L Sancibrian (@guest_1073443)
Reply to  JANICE MAXWELL

I agree.

Yaacov Myers (@guest_1073470)
Reply to  JANICE MAXWELL

“Good noW!”®,B”H. I think all those you mentioned must move too, and to Trump’s new streaming channel proposal.

Angela Fording (@guest_1073630)
Reply to  JANICE MAXWELL

Already switched from Fox to Newsmax. However, I still watch Tucker, Hannity, and Laura. They still “tell it like it is.”

Karen C McQueen (@guest_1073391)

It’s a cryn shame Fox News channel has been bought/taken over by disgusting, deranged, evil, George Soros and his devils, Dems, China, left wing anarchists, etc. Praying all of the actual good, kind, God fearing TV hosts will abandon ship and move on to other stations also. We love most of you!! Thanks for all the good entertainment over the past years. God Bless the United States of America and God Bless our President Donald J Trump

Bonnie Monatt (@guest_1073395)

I have already dropped Fox except for Tucker, Hannity and Ingraham. Couldn’t believe when they came out for Biden election night.

Richard L Sancibrian (@guest_1073445)
Reply to  Bonnie Monatt

Jesse Watters is also great.

Elaine Havens (@guest_1073635)
Reply to  Richard L Sancibrian

Yes, please do not forget Jesse Waters!! Tucker, Hannity and Ingraham are rock stars, but Jesse Watters is a rock star as well. He needs to be on nightly. Fox can get rid of all of the rest especially Chris Wallace who is a far left Democrat. He does not belong on Fox!!!

sue Eberhardt (@guest_1073484)
Reply to  Bonnie Monatt

Same here. We do watch Tucker, Hannity and Ingram at night. Fox Business is an excellent alternative. We have almost completely swithched to Fox Business and News Max except for our 3 favorites at night.

Brenda (@guest_1073533)
Reply to  Bonnie Monatt

I like Hannity and Tucker, do not like Laura, she talks too much and doesn’t give her guest much time, if you notice when Laura has a Dummorat on she will let them talk, but when it comes to republicans she cuts them off, leave her at Fox!

Jean Z Duffy (@guest_1073535)
Reply to  Bonnie Monatt

I also like Mark Levin – like the other three, he really tells it like
it is!

Thuan (@guest_1073396)

I would join what our President Trump create and drop Fox in a second.

Arturo Sanchez (@guest_1073529)
Reply to  Thuan

I agree thuan but lets not stop their. Listen, our POTUS has enough money to buy all channels, all news medias easy. But, he an also create his own news media outlets if he wishes. Wouldnt that b something? I would subscribe immediately. Hope he does it. God bless America and all its true compatriots. Trump is not done. Heck he just started. The time has come to dismantle the left to include all of its cronies.

Jan Alvord (@guest_1073400)

I would gladly watch a Trump based station. I think it would be great for Trump to steal the best of FOX which is Tucker Carlson, Hannity, Ingraham, Levin, Judge Jeanine, Maria Bartiromo and a few other like Jesse and Greg Gutfeld. He could start up his whole station with just these guys. They all back him and the American people.

Eric Eberhardt (@guest_1073485)
Reply to  Jan Alvord

I agree….very good point!

Sandra (@guest_1073401)

Already have dropped Fox gone to newsmax

Maredu (@guest_1073446)
Reply to  Sandra

ditto!

Jeanne (@guest_1073477)
Reply to  Sandra

Me too and I love Newsmax

Sandra (@guest_1073402)

Will gladly watch a Trump based station

George Fritchman (@guest_1073406)

I will shift my news watching to a more accurate source if Trump starts it as all the other news is corrupted by their owners.

Thomas Marczak (@guest_1073407)

I already have stopped watching Fox and have switched to NewsMax. I will occasionally watch Laura Ingram and Hanity. Won’t watch the 5 because of Williams.

Bion Wilcox (@guest_1073496)
Reply to  Thomas Marczak

Amen, Williams makes any show he is on unwatchable.

Emil Geverd (@guest_1073410)

Moved away from being a Full Time Foxer a few weeks ago. Still like Tucker, Hannity, Greta, and Mark Levin. But watch OAN most of the time.

Richard Rodriguez (@guest_1073412)

Wife and I only watch tucker, Hannity, and Ingram!!! The rest is NEWSMAX. We would gladly follow our President wherever he lands!!!

Ellen Janiszewski (@guest_1073414)

I have already switched to NewsMax! I will only hope that Judge Jeanne, Mark Levin, Hannity, Tucker Carlson, and Laura Ingraham will consider moving to NewsMax if they can arrange it. I’ve never liked Cavuto, the Media buzz guy, Kennedy, and many some of the others. I’ve even gotten tired of the Morning show w/Kilmeade and his partners. I do however like Fox Business as they aren’t as political. I do very much appreciate Lou Dobbs and Maria Bartriloma (sp?) Maybe Trump could become partners with NewsMax cable if he doesn’t want to take the time and more money than he’d prefer to spend, but would make NewsMax a bit more professional in some of their programs, AND would have news 24/7, instead of these documentaries that they carry late night and parts of the weekend!

Myrtle Aguirre (@guest_1073415)

Yes –I will drop Fox in a heartbeat . I like OAN and plan to watch Newsmax.

Walda Ruiz (@guest_1073421)

Fox used to be the only tv station that you could trust to give you the true unbiased news. Unfortunately that’s changed, now they’re as corrupt as the democrats they’re sucking up to. What a shame, such a waste of time and money. Definitely hope Trump starts a news channel up, it would be so nice to have a tv station that wasn’t bought and paid for by liars and thieves.

marianne (@guest_1073422)

I AM FINISHED WITH FOX AND FACEBOOK AND TWITTER I AM GOING WITH THE OTHER I HAVE WATCHED FOX FOR MANY YEARS BUT NO REASON NOW AND I LOVE HANNITY AND TUCKER AND JUDGE JENINE. HOPE THYE GO TO THE OTHER NEWSCHANNEL.

Sean F Romero (@guest_1073424)

without question drop them like a bad habit!

Martha (@guest_1073425)

Yes I would watch President Trump’s conservative News show in a heart beat. We conservatives need a news site that has our presidents back and share our conservative views and ideas. As a once loyal fan of Fox News for 16 years… as of election night I no longer watch any of their news shows. I had suspected for a while when Diamond and Silk went missing… but knew for sure when Melissa Francis admonished Newt Gingrich for speaking George Soros name, that Fox News was taking a left turn. I only watch the shows of the host that have our presidents back 100%. Week nights I watch Tucker, Sean and Laura and on weekends, Watters World , Judge Jeannine, Greg Gutfeld, Maria Bartiromo, Mark Levin and Steve Hilton.
I stopped watching The Five because I find Jaun Williams and Donna Brazile insufferable as are Marie Harf and Jessica Tarlov on Out Numbered . Otherwise theyre both great shows.

Maredu (@guest_1073459)
Reply to  Martha

ditto. Juan Williams’ obnoxious statements got me yelling back in frustration. What the h turned so many negroes to support master government?!?

Michael Cotton (@guest_1073427)

I would switch to a competing conservative news channel in a New York minute!! (no pun intended)

Paul thomas (@guest_1073428)

Would move

Joy (@guest_1073429)

I left Fox a long time ago! So sick of hysterics, lies and everything being politicized on all the major channels. For quite a while Fox did a reasonable job. However, it has become quite evident folks these days are only accustomed to having personalities gabbing with their compadres. What happened to local, national and international news based on FACTS, not opinions? Would be so refreshing to have a real news program.. You go, President Trump, we are behind you all the way,,

Vincent (@guest_1073434)

I stopped watching football at the drop of a hat because the NFL chose to side with that domestic terrorist group blm. So I have no problem telling fox goodbye matter fact I already did election night. Sooner or later big tech you will realize you only exist because of us blue collar Americans.

Ky Vu (@guest_1073438)

I would leave Fox News for an alternative pro-Trump channel

Anthony Michael Carestia (@guest_1073439)

Yes. I have already stopped watching Fox!!!

Linda Zant (@guest_1073453)

Would drop fox in a heart beat for real news not fake but really wasn’t into any of the fake ones

Richard Nucci (@guest_1073467)

I already switched from FOX to Newsmax. If DJT started a news outlet, I would join in a New York minute!🇺🇸

Betty (@guest_1073469)

We are not at ALL happy with any news stations.. Where is non bias News Reporting!!!!

Ronald Rempel (@guest_1073480)

A high-quality alternative to Fox News would be an instant success, as being a Fox viewer for many years, they have become increasingly left-wing promoters, Fox’s determination to undermine Trump has been apparent.

I have already taken to One America News Network and Newsmax.

I would totally support the AMERICA FIRST “Trump-led” news source.

Enrique Enriquez (@guest_1073481)

good bye fox news. we are waiting for the TRUMP channel.

James A Lang (@guest_1073504)

Fox has become a second rate channel. Tucker Carlson is the only one I watch Wish he would go to Newsmax,

Bertha Roan (@guest_1073516)

Yes am disappointed with Fox,if we could get Tucker Carlson,Sean Hannity, Laura Ingrams,Judge Judy, Lou Dobbs, Watters World off of Fox they would crash in a hurry. I’m disappointed in the morning crew too,they’re changing too. Hope President Trump will figure something out,he could help out Newsmax & One America News.Thank you President Trump for everything you do, GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

Marsha Smith (@guest_1073520)

I would love a Trump station but I live too far in the country to get cable. Would need an alternative.
Bring Sean Hannity, Bill O’Reilly, tucjer carlson, judge Jeannine and a few others.

Donald Ross (@guest_1073521)

I totally agree with all of the above.
I am a Canadian and pro Trump all the way.
I really hope this will happen.
Fox has become so sickening. I too lohosts.ve to watch all of the above
I too want to get away from Fox. I think big things are coming. Reminder he had over 70 million voters on his side. (maybe more).
Our Prime Minister (Justin Trudeau ) is also a disgusting Communist. So we are in big trouble here also.
Thanks Rebel News for our only true media outlet. Online only

Janet (@guest_1073530)

Only thing worthwhile on Fox is Tucker, Hannity and Laura. Who knows, maybe they will run Trump’s enterprise. At any rate, done with Fox!

Randy and Tawni Henderson (@guest_1073539)

Yes we would, Fox news sucks.
Hannity, Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingram need to go to Newsmax.

rosemary A Hug (@guest_1073547)

I would look at any news station that supports President

I would gladly look at any news station that supports our great President Trump.

t

Beverly Peska (@guest_1073565)

I would watch a Trump based cable station. Not really onto streaming. Trump should include Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Mark Levin, Judge Jeanine Pirro, Dana Perino Jesse Watters, Greg Gutfeld and maybe Harris Faulkner, Maria Bartiromo. He could start up his whole station with these guys. They all back him and the American people.

Paulette Widmann (@guest_1073595)

FNC cooked its goose election night with the AZ call and late, late call on FL and OH. Chris Wallace, Juan Williams & Brazile have helped ruin the network. I no longer watch except Tucker, Hannity, Laura, Judge Jeannine & Mark Levin. Hated to give up Jesse and Greg but Juan ruins The Five. NEWSMAX and OAN are viable alternatives for news. RIP FOX News.

Elaine Havens (@guest_1073640)

A Trump cable station would be fantastic!! I would absolutely watch Tucker, Hannity, Laura, Judge Jeannine, Levin and hopefully one of my favorites, Jesse Waters!!!