As governors and mayors allow riots to sweep across America, President Trump has had enough. That’s why he just ordered the creation of a central command center for the deployment of federal resources to quell destructive rioting.
The Washington Examiner reports:
Members of President Trump’s Cabinet will be involved in the establishment of a “central command center” to coordinate the national response to the riots that have precipitated out of the protests over the death of George Floyd last week.
Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Attorney General Bill Barr will lead the operation:
White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany told reporters on Monday that Attorney General William Barr and Defense Secretary Mark Esper will be involved in strategizing deployment of “federal assets” to help law enforcement but did not elaborate on the exact details of the deployments.
“There will be additional federal assets deployed across the nation. There will be a central command center in conjunction with the state and local governments that will include Gen. Milley, Secretary Esper, and A.G. Barr, but I won’t go any further in announcing what actions,” McEnany said.
It’s about time. Peaceful protests are one thing, but the looting, violence, and destruction of private property is absolutely unacceptable.
Anyone that commits violent and destructive acts should pay harsh consequences for their actions.
President Trump is sending a strong message: rioting and looting will not be tolerated in America as long as he’s our president.