July 1, 2022

Republican Governor sounds off on Trump’s riot response, says it’s ‘not helpful’

Republican Governor of Maryland Larry Hogan betrayed President Trump in a CNN interview on Sunday, attacking the way Trump has responded to the violent protests breaking out all over the nation.

“I think one of the most important things that a leader can do right now, and I went through this in 2015 during the riots in Baltimore, one of my primary focuses was to try to lower the temperature,” Hogan told host Jake Tapper.

Amid the devastating violence perpetrated by rioters across the nation, Trump tweeted that the “THUGS” initiating the violence were “dishonoring the memory of George Floyd.”

Hogan criticized the tweet, saying that it’s “not helpful,” continuing to say that “it’s not lowering the temperature. It’s sort of continuing to escalate the rhetoric. I think it’s just the opposite of the message that should have been coming out of the White House.

Hogan pointed to his experience with the 2015 Baltimore riots, saying that “our theory was peace through strength,” crowing that officials “successfully” stopped the localized violence in “a few hours.”

Fox News reported on Saturday that 5,000 National Guard troops have been deployed across 15 states in response to the rapidly escalating violence that broke out earlier this week. Protests are said to be planned for the next several weeks.

Trump issued a statement on Saturday calling for justice for George Floyd while also condemning the out-of-control riots. Floyd’s death “filled America all over the country with horror, anger and grief,” Trump said, remarking that he had met with Floyd’s family to express “the sorrow of our entire nation for their loss.”

“I stand before you as a friend and ally of every American seeking justice and peace,” Trump continued, continuing on to call for an end to the violence. “What we are seeing on the streets of our cities has nothing to do with justice or peace. The memory of Floyd is being dishonored by rioters, looters, and anarchists.”

What do you think about Hogan lashing out at Trump’s response to the riots? Scroll down to the comments section and let us know what you think!

ปั๊มไลค์ (@guest_1002436)
2 years ago

Like!! I blog frequently and I really thank you for your content. The article has truly peaked my interest.

2 years ago

I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.

2 years ago

I learn something new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon everyday.

russell d remmert (@guest_1002490)

I am with President Trump

VAL HULFORD (@guest_1002501)
Reply to  russell d remmert
2 years ago

It’s ironic that most of the violent protests with destruction are in cities with democratic leaders. Is this just a coincidence or a telling story with our country’s problems??

HJ (@guest_1002523)
Reply to  VAL HULFORD
2 years ago

I’m not sure why you say that it is ironic…..it is that way because while democrats talk ‘a good game’, they are just full of hot air. Democrat ideas do not work. They delusionally think that they are smarter than anyone else….but alas, everything fails that democrats try because their thinking is not based on reality, it is based on ideology. That always fails because their ideology doesn’t work. It has been unsuccessfully tried around the world…..and it fails every time it is tried.

Mattie Hailey (@guest_1002536)
Reply to  HJ
2 years ago

Larry Hogan, if you think you can do better than our President,
then have at it. Otherwise, shut your judging mouth and I don’t
believe for one minute you are a republican. You are a big mouth
with little brain.

Don Schnyders (@guest_1002560)
Reply to  Mattie Hailey

Agree he is a moron

Laura (@guest_1002563)
Reply to  Mattie Hailey
2 years ago

Remember people this is about Soros and Obama. There goal is to pit blacks against Trump. After Biden that stupid comment here comes riots.They are not protesters they are thugs. This is why Trump is calling Antifa Domestic Terror Group. We must win in November this is exactly what the left wants . No police and open borders they’ve said it for 4 years. If Biden wins this country is going to look like this everyday. Remember the Democrats always use the phrase never let a crisis go to waste. They know there in trouble with people because Trump has done more than any President for blacks people. Let me clarify, I am not a racist I’m a Christian but these mobs are scary.

Warren Baldwin (@guest_1002617)
Reply to  Mattie Hailey
2 years ago

Your post is spot on what more do the DRAT bastdards want president to do it’s damn easy to set on there penguin asses and pick president Trump apart no mater what he says or does the cockroach are setting back with sorry ass comments it’s getting damn old in a hurry

Pat Straub (@guest_1002576)
Reply to  VAL HULFORD
2 years ago

I agree with you and from what I’ve read, Mr. Trump said the right thing! My prayers go out to the family of this victim, but inciting violence is definitely not the answer!! This man’s memory will live on without all this crime. Better to be remembered without all this violence!!

Cindy Swinney (@guest_1002602)
Reply to  VAL HULFORD
2 years ago

Hogan is a idiot, Baltimore riot was a lot different. Further more, they didn’t have people coming from other states to keep the anger fires burning.

Randy Lamb (@guest_1002509)
Reply to  russell d remmert
2 years ago

me too russell d remmert

Patricia A Moore (@guest_1002537)
Reply to  russell d remmert

I am also!!!!

SGT Preston (@guest_1002538)
Reply to  russell d remmert

DITTO
!

Irma Meoni (@guest_1002581)
Reply to  russell d remmert
2 years ago

DID ANYONE STOP TO THINK THE PRESIDENT WAS ADDRESSING ANTIFA AND OTHERS WHO JOINED IN TO DESTROY AND STEAL. THEY CAUSED THE EXCELATION OF THE SITUATION. GOV. HOGAN SHOULD KNOW ALL THE FACTS BEFORE SPEAKING. THE PROTEST WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN THAT BAD IF IT WEREN’T FOR OUTSIDERS. THEY SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND PUT IN FEDERAL PRISON.

Nancy Lea Adams (@guest_1002583)
Reply to  russell d remmert
2 years ago

I totally agree with the president. Nothing off-putting about any of president Trump’s statement. Very inciteful if you ask me!

Nancy Lea Adams (@guest_1002586)
Reply to  Nancy Lea Adams

I think I spelled insightful wrong in my reply. Sorry

Diane (@guest_1002633)
Reply to  russell d remmert
2 years ago

The MD gov must be a die-hard RINO …!!! Trump hadn’t said anything until last night and what he said was entirely appropriate. If he hadn’t said anything, he would’ve been accused of being insensitive by avoiding the subject. Good that he found out the gov can’t be counted on for support, and he obviously doesn’t have a problem with Antifa, or GS.

Merle (@guest_1002895)
Reply to  russell d remmert
2 years ago

Yes. He is a tough president and isn’t going to be playing nammy pammy with these destroyers of peoples property. ..

Linda Horn (@guest_1002493)
2 years ago

DO NOT ATTACK PRESIDENT TRUMP. HE WAS SAYING WHAT EVERY AMERICAN IS SAYING. THE RIOTERS ARE PAID THUGS HIRED BY GEORGE SOROS. CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH LIAR?

alicia Cervera (@guest_1002505)
Reply to  Linda Horn
2 years ago

Hogan, you Fake GOP. Pres. TRUMP said what had to be said.! No more ANARCHISM n our land, You want a
queer president like barac who said the red line in Syria would be it and then did NOTHING? We are in OUr NATION not in Syria, and WE MUST protect ALL CITIZENS and that is EXACTLY what POTUS said, so stop cherry picking and twisting words to make you sound like youre pontificating!

Christina Creasy (@guest_1002507)
Reply to  Linda Horn
2 years ago

Linda I am with you 1000% . They are paid thugs bussed in to do all the dirty work. I do not get it this man is getting Justice what more can be done?

Ron (@guest_1002530)
Reply to  Christina Creasy
2 years ago

Sounds of past paid communist thugs to create rioting and discontent. Keep an eye on the amount of problems and how well organized the rioters are. Now the mayor’s and governors are trying to deny the number of out of state rioters. Interesting, also many of the rioters are college age; also we know that Chinese agents are involved on college campuses.

Jodell A Weeks (@guest_1002585)
Reply to  Christina Creasy
2 years ago

How is this man getting justice?

Elizabeth N McFarland (@guest_1002514)
Reply to  Linda Horn

Amen

Dixie Atkinson (@guest_1002539)
Reply to  Linda Horn

Ditto

CJS (@guest_1002556)
Reply to  Linda Horn
2 years ago

Actually he was merely repeating terminology Obama used during his presidency!!! It was either in the Baltimore or Ferguson riots which Obama supported and encouraged although he said something to the effect that “these THUGS” are unacceptable…..
Do a little research back with Obama and the word “thugs”….

Mary Borror (@guest_1002565)
Reply to  Linda Horn
2 years ago

Exactly Right.I AGREE With The President.George Soros and Others Are Paying These People To Do These Things.America Needs To Wake Up And Smell The Roses..

Sharon Jenkins (@guest_1002571)
Reply to  Linda Horn
2 years ago

I appears you may be correct with Soros paying for protest, rioting and looting. How about Soros paying for these shop owners to rebuild the business and restock their merchandise? How about Soros paying these store owners loss wages…. do you think Soros will do anything of the sort? Freedom of Speech doesn’t mean one can destroy someone’s property, cause injury to others by assault, rioting, looting, arson, etc.

Joanna (@guest_1002498)
2 years ago

Sounds like he is trying to save his town at expense of President. The people grieving understand TRUMP why can’t that man understand.

Maureen Wolfe (@guest_1002518)
Reply to  Joanna

Because he’s a Rhino.

Ann Marie Wehnert (@guest_1002499)
2 years ago

I am also with President Trump. The Governor of Maryland should keep his mouth shut, for people living in glass houses should not throw stones. Baltimore is no longer a great city. The riots that lasted for a long time have ruined their economy, shared losses in people and goods.

Jodell A Weeks (@guest_1002590)
Reply to  Ann Marie Wehnert

Agree

Vicki (@guest_1002500)
2 years ago

We did not elect President Trump because he was touchy-feely. He says it how it is. I would rather have honesty then trying to be fake in his evaluation of the situation. Yes, it was murder and he acknowledges that and it was wrong and will be dealt with but he also points out the obvious. Mobs are hurting the situation by fires, burning property, etc that has nothing to do with Mr. Floyd’s death. My sympathy and prayers go out to the Floyd family.

Randy Lamb (@guest_1002512)
Reply to  Vicki
2 years ago

Well said Vicki; and I agree 100%.

Ginny (@guest_1002519)
Reply to  Vicki
2 years ago

Well out, Vicki… President Trump says it like it is. My heart breaks for the people who live in the cities being destroyed. When this is all over, they will be left behind to pick up the pieces. It’s a sad, sad time and those causing the distractions should pay the price.

Peggy Shinabarger (@guest_1002522)
Reply to  Ginny
2 years ago

Well said the democrat trying to make Trump look bad but he the president we need to much bbbsss if they let Trump do his job America be great again go Trump best president ever.

SGT Preston (@guest_1002553)
Reply to  Ginny
2 years ago

Again, well said. The real issue here is that the demonstrators, mostly black, are destroying businesses that used to cater to other blacks. Much like the Rodney King affair in LA a few years back. The blacks tried to destroy the town. What they did was destroy a lot of businesses owned by other blacks and minorities. So, who did they hurt the most—other blacks and minorities.

Irma Meoni (@guest_1002588)
Reply to  Vicki
2 years ago

YOU ARE SO RIGHT. HOGAN WAS LOOKING FOR ATTENTION, BUT HE GOT THE WORSE KIND. RINO-TRAITOR. LOOK AT YOUR OWN BACK YARD. BALTIMORE IS A HOT SPOT.

Joan B. Summers (@guest_1002502)
2 years ago

I think President Trump’s reply about the Thugs ruining the memory of George Floyd was just perfect. As I recall, President Obama used the same word in the riot when he was President. The Maryland Governor is being a hypocrite just playing to his liberal people in Maryland. He is dead wrong.

Gerald Murphy (@guest_1002503)
2 years ago

I think he is another spineless politician. These criminals can’t just destroy public and private property. The president is correct this not a protest this is anarchy and these perpetrators must be stopped and brought to justice.

Mary Ann K (@guest_1002506)
2 years ago

I am with the President on this one. We can not this problem when everyone has something to say about him. He did start this, he did not give us this virus. He gave us an economy that everyone loved. But things happen to no fault of his, they turn their back on him. Obama did a lot worst in his eight years. Be open with eyes and heart and see things will change. Give him a chance to have a come back.

Harley Raley (@guest_1002508)

Another never trumper

Gordon W Holloway (@guest_1002623)
Reply to  Harley Raley
2 years ago

Democrats is causing all of this nonscense

Cindy Turkett (@guest_1002510)
2 years ago

I support President Trump!
I don’t think the ones destroying our cities deserve sympathy or should be allowed to continue their destructive activities.
They are violent and should stop and go home or be stopped by force.
The ones that are arrested should have to pay their share to rebuild and repay what they have destroyed.
I am in my home abiding by the law of the land and don’t feel my taxes should pay to rebuild a city I don’t live in and had no part of destroying!
I pray for George’s family and pray they get the justice they deserve.

Howard gaigler (@guest_1002520)
2 years ago

Hogan is nothing but a demokraut in a Republican suit!!!

Mary Ann K (@guest_1002524)
2 years ago

I am sorry I am going blind and I can not see the words I am trying to get across. In my remarks I wanted to say, we can not say this is his fault when everyone blames him for any wrong doing. He did not start this with the virus and the riots. Sorry for the errors. I will always stand behind our President.

David (@guest_1002526)

I believe what President Trump
Said was Right to say that’s what those Loiters and Rioters are THUGS burning Businesses and burning State and Government Property are out of business and the Employees that work there at those Businesses. I believe George Soros and the Democrat Communist Party are behind this.

Sharon Jenkins (@guest_1002572)
Reply to  David

I agree

Lynn (@guest_1002527)
2 years ago

In Michigan the best statement in the world, “This is not racists this is about good verses evil”

Marina Proekt (@guest_1002528)
2 years ago

Hey, Hogan! Your theory is to grovel and lick THUGS asses!!!! President Tramp is a MAN!!! You are NOT!!! Coward!!!!!

Jane (@guest_1002531)
2 years ago

The President is correct, in what he is doing..he should smoke bomb these hoodlums and thugs, just as they were put out of the road that they were blocking in Orlando, Florida.

Lillian Uzzell (@guest_1002533)
2 years ago

Agree with the President. He always comes right to the point of every situation. Thank you President Trump!

Karen (@guest_1002544)
2 years ago

President Trump hit the nail on the head! And these are not protestors they are rioters! They should all go to jail and pay for the destruction they have caused. No exceptions!!! Accountability and then maybe just maybe respect will be found again!

Fran Court (@guest_1002549)
2 years ago

My commander in chief, President Trump, is handling these situations perfectly much to the dismay of the left wing socialist democrats whose only interest is power over the people.
Col Fran

betty fitzgerald (@guest_1002555)
2 years ago

I AGREE WITH LINDA HORN; OUR PRESIDENT IS CORRECT THEY ARE THUGS. MOST OF THESE DEMONSTRATORS ARE SUPPORTED BY GEORGE SOROS AND THE REST OF THESE DEMOCRATS. THIS IS NOT HONORING GEORGE FLOYD. THESE PEOPLE ARE EVIL ALL THEY WANT IS DESTROY AND RESIST JUST LIKE MOST OF THE MAYORS AND LEADERS OF THE STATES AFFECTED. WE AS CHRISTIANS NEED TO PRAY FOR AMERICA AND OUR PRESIDENT. WE WERE SUPPOSE TO BE IN LOCK DOWN..GOD BLESS THE FLOYD FAMILY

stuart nolting (@guest_1002557)
2 years ago

Hogan you are nothing more than an undercover demonrat! CNN REALLY?

Larry Wisenbaker (@guest_1002558)
2 years ago

The looters and rioters are a disgrace to this country. If they tried to loot my business I would blow their heads off!

Sharon Jenkins (@guest_1002577)
Reply to  Larry Wisenbaker
2 years ago

If looters and rioters tried to destroy a business in Oklahoma…. they probably would get their heads blown off and I would not convict the business owners.

Mike (@guest_1002559)
2 years ago

Hogan- u r the biggest RINO in history. Trump was right on while u did nothing to prevent the baltimore rioting. You tried to upstage Trump unsuccessfully by wasting $9 million for worthless junk from Korea. Md should have been open 3-4 weeks ago for NOTHING. U r a true Dumbocrat, an ineffective governor and can’t solve Baltimore’s ineptitude.

Daniel (@guest_1002566)
2 years ago

The man killed was a democrat. The man who killed him was a democrat. The chief of police is a democrat. The City’s mayor is a democrat. The state’s governor is a democrat. But somehow the press calls it Trumps fault. How does that work out?

Nancy Lea Adams (@guest_1002636)
Reply to  Daniel

CRAZY isn’t it?

Stephen Milkereit (@guest_1002568)
2 years ago

He should have said: Stop or the military will step in and start arresting people. These people doing this should be prosecuted and imprisoned.

CJS (@guest_1002569)
2 years ago

President Trump specifically used the term “thugs” as he was repeating the EXACT terminology Obama used in either the Baltimore or Fergusion riots which he openly supported and in which he maligned police officers! His statement was to the effect “these THUGS” aren’t acceptable (although Obama then went on criticizing the police and later set up a nation wide program to “soften ” and change the “culture” of police departments across the country!
Just do search for “Obama” and the word “thugs”…
President Trump usually has a reason for terminology he uses… mostly to raise awareness of past situations in country….so as to get people to investigate and wake up about them, but msm usually just repeat and criticize anything Trump says anyway! When they do so it should be a good signal for everyone to look for connections and why Trump might have said what he did!

Sandra Wilkerson (@guest_1002570)
2 years ago

Some people are just PLAIN IDIOTS. I DO NOT CARE WHO THEY ARE….HOGAN OR WHOMEVER. THEY ARE SO JEALOUS OF OUR SMART PRESIDENT THEY WILL SAY ANYTHING AND HOPE WHAT THEY SAY COMES TRUE! I haven’t seen it yet!! PRESIDENT TRUMP KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. GOD GAVE HIM A GREAT BRAIN AND WE ALL SHOULD BE THANKFUL THAT HE’S OUR PRESIDENT!!!

James Marchant (@guest_1002582)
2 years ago

It is sad when people in office want to cower to looting AND destroying businesses who had absolutely nothing to do with the problem
Did I not watch a video where sanders party said they would burn America
Yet jails are empty

Gary White (@guest_1002589)
2 years ago

I stand with the President. This criminal behavior cannot be tolerated. Protesters are welcome to express their positions, but are not free to riot, steal, kill and destroy the property and livelihoods of others—whether they’re Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, or Indian. This is the work of Satan and those who are moved to follow the practices of their father. Jesus is NOT pleased, but the Devil is. Who are you living for? What is your motive, and would you appreciate someone destroying your livelihood and property?

Moreover, the MN Police Officer was wrong to maintain his knee on the side of George’s neck. From published circumstantial evidence, the officer may not have directly killed George. It appears the bad store transaction, the police response, and George’s preexisting physical conditions, may have set into motion his respiratory issue prior to being placed on the pavement. Everyone needs to wait and see what the autopsy tells us.

Those who don’t want TRUTH will continue to do wrong at the expense of others. Those who seek to do what’s RIGHT will seek to do what is BEST George’s family, community, and for our nation.

Eddie Chuck (@guest_1002638)
Reply to  Gary White
2 years ago

Eddie Chuck says: We should all be very appreciative of what Gary just said. It is good to hear a clean, meaningful, non political message for a change. Reading most of the other messages are enough to turn one’s stomach! Gary’s message is “right on” and we need more of the same as we move forward! GOD BLESS us all.

Lindy L. Wade (@guest_1002591)
2 years ago

I also believe this is being fueled by Obummer. He started all of this in his presidency. He was trying to get the country in a situation where he could call Marshall Law and he failed so he too is in this with the rest of the Libs and Soros. Obummer was out to destroy America he hated America and it’s people!! President Trump is 100% right. He is out to clean up All this crap the tge Socialists Democrat’s are causing. Unless they are stopped this will continue. I will vote for President Trump also. Man I hate to say this but if anyone can support the Republicans with just $10 before the end of this day please do it. They may lose the senate and we need the house back and they need money to do this. Please help. My condolences to the Floyd Family.

Gwen Lappie (@guest_1002593)
2 years ago

President Trumps remarks are perfectly fine. The thugs doing the destroying don’t care about the man who died. They are getting paid from Soros to riot. Don’t get your panties in a knot over Trumps comments. He cares about the man who was killed and is furious about it. He also will try to put a stop to the rioting. So that is my opinion.

Debbie Moriarity (@guest_1002599)
2 years ago

President Trump said absolutely nothing wrong. In fact, he is 100% correct!
The fake news and the demoncraps need to quit blaming our President for all the wrong going on that are out of his control and they need to stop twisting his words around. Thedemoncraps need to let President Trump do his job and they need to work with him at working for the people and naking our country great as they were elected to do, ifvthey are going to keep committing treason, then they need to be punished for it.
TRUMP 2020! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Char Kolzow (@guest_1002605)
2 years ago

I think that our President may be “shy” about revealing his I.Q. but his is one of the highest of all of our past Presidents. Not only does President Trump have the blessing of high intelligence, but he has a heart as big as his IQ is high. We are SO blessed to have his leadership and wisdom in our country. I DO wish that we could all
remember President Reagan’s most important words: IF WE EVER FORGET THAT WE ARE ONE NATION UNDER
GOD, WE WILL BE ONE NATION GONE UNDER.

Marina Proekt (@guest_1002607)
2 years ago

President Trump has a theory: law and order!!!! My family and I suffer enough. We still have this problems again and again. Because “peace makers like you” Shame!!!

Ellie Gundersen (@guest_1002611)
2 years ago

Ellie Gundersen This was a planned riot . They all started at the same time by the Biden group. Antifi and other groups used the death of a man as an excuse to start. It is domestic terror. President Trump called the family and gave his condolances. Trump will go down in history as a great President.!

Mary ann (@guest_1002615)
2 years ago

Gov. Larry Hogan should SHUT UP. I stand with President Trump.

Shirley Libby (@guest_1002618)
2 years ago

This is a very sad situation for our country. I appreciate Gov. Hogan’s desire for deescalating the riots across the country, however, as a republican supporter it would have been best addressed with President Trump directly vs. the media. With that said, riots are not a solution or justification for the death of an innocent George Floyd. It is right to call this an act of terrorism and to denounce it. George Soros stated “Destroying America will be the final culmination to his life’s work. Then: Soros even said in an interview that the way he would do it was through the black communities, because he feels they are the “easiest to get riled up”. We must overcome this corruption and support our country! I believe democrat politicians are also funded by Soro’s. Democrats have done NOTHING for this country for this country except abuse their position to destroy President Trump. ALL of this is their continued plan……incensed by greed & power. God will prevail! Vengeance is mine says the Lord, I will repay! Choose you this day whom you will serve.

1 2 3 4