Prince Charles has denied a report that he accepted bags filled with cash as donations from a Qatari leader.
The prince’s office pushed back against the accusation after a report by The Sunday Times that claimed he received three million euros from the former prime minister of Qatar.
Prince Charles Denies Wrongdoing After Report of Accepting Suitcases of Cash from a Qatari Sheik https://t.co/pVo1ZChBZC
— judyann451 (@judyannaggie) June 26, 2022
“Charles’ office, Clarence House, said in a statement that the donations ‘were passed immediately to one of the prince’s charities who carried out the appropriate governance and have assured us that all the correct processes were followed,'” Breitbart reported.
“The prince’s charitable fund told the newspaper it had verified ‘that the donor was a legitimate and verified counterparty … and our auditors signed off on the donation after a specific enquiry during the audit. There was no failure of governance,'” it added.
Prince Charles Denies Wrongdoing After Report of Accepting Suitcases of Cash from a Qatari Sheik ⋆ The Savage Nation
In his eyes there is nothing wrong. It’s called #WhitePrivilege by the Left and Royal Elite privilege by right! For You-NoNo Him-Yeah Yeah https://t.co/ajm1iVSkTb
— Sandra Liz (@Usanthem24) June 27, 2022
Qatar’s government has also reportedly not made a statement regarding the issue.
The claim in the new reports may make for an intriguing headline, but the evidence so far is inadequate to prove any wrongdoing regarding the exchange.