A new poll by Economist/YouGov has revealed more Americans felt safer from terrorist under former President Donald Trump than they do under President Joe Biden.
“Do you think the policies of the Trump Administration made the United States more or less safe from terrorism?” the poll asked.
A total of 68 percent agreed Trump’s policies made the nation safer or did not change its level of safety. Just 31 percent said his policies made the country less safe.
Regarding Biden, 58 percent agreed the president’s policies made the nation safer or did not change its level of safety. The other 42 percent said his policies have made America less safe.
The poll also addressed Biden’s approval rating, noting it as the first time his rating has dropped below 40 percent.
Just 39 percent approved of his leadership, while 50 percent disapproved in the study.
YouGov/Economist, first poll that has Biden’s approval under 40%. (approve/disapprove)
White men no degree: 28/61
White women w/ degree: 53/42
Registered Voters: 43/53
— Ryan James Girdusky (@RyanGirdusky) September 8, 2021
The new information follows a string of criticisms regarding Biden’s handling of Afghanistan, the economy and COVID-19. The study was taken before Biden’s latest speech addressing new vaccination requirements.