October 22, 2021

Pelosi pushes ‘exalted’ election reform bill that increases federal government’s control over elections

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) isn’t content with up-ending Washington D.C. with her unconstitutional and vindictive impeachment push.

Now Pelosi has turned her sights on a new prize: Sweeping election reforms that give Democrats even more advantages in upcoming elections. Democrats may control D.C. right now, but by some of the thinnest margins in history — a fact she’s well aware of.

Pelosi announced last week that she’ll be throwing her energy behind the “For The People Act,” declaring that the Democrat-let election reform proposal is in an “exalted position” and is a “priority” for the House.

Nevermind fulfilling promises of additional COVID-19 relief. Suddenly, supporting suffering Americans is no longer a politically advantageous priority.

Pelosi characterized the bill as a way to “reduce the role of big, dark special interest money in politics” and give “more leverage to small donors and grassroots activists” — but admitted the real motivation behind the bill — achieving leftist social reforms.

“What’s important about it,” she told reporters, “is that it gives people the hope that, yes, we can have clean air and clean water and address the climate crisis because big, dark money will not dominate the policy; yes, we can have gun violence prevention because big, dark, special interest, gun lobbyist money will not dominate the process.”

Just The News reported on Wednesday:

Under the legislation, Super PACs would be required to publicly disclose their donors, and the bill would “match small donations (up to $200) to participating congressional candidates at a 6-1 ratio.” The bill also establishes a nonpartisan redistricting commission, and it requires automatic voter registration with an opt-out provision for individuals. In addition, the legislation makes Election Day a holiday for federal employees. It also prohibits states from placing restrictions on a voter’s ability to cast mail-in ballots.

The legislation isn’t new, having been first introduced in 2019 and then shelved due to legislative gridlock. At the time of its first introduction, then-Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell warned that the bill would “grow the federal government’s power over Americans’ political speech and elections.”

“It should be called the Democrat Politician Protection Act,” McConnell wrote at the time.

Don (@guest_1115961)
8 months ago

That would be a really BAD thing for Freedom.

Mariellen McCarthy (@guest_1115989)
Reply to  Don
8 months ago

Pelosi mentioned “DARK MONEY”, Funny but I recently read that Biden’s campaign took in more DARK MONEY than any other campaign – Democrat or Republican. I guess she thinks we the people can’t read or comprehend what we read.

alicia regina cervera (@guest_1116335)
Reply to  Don
8 months ago

MORE ADVANTAGES THAN STEALING A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION IN 2020? nANCY, YOU ARE DEFINTILY THE queen beee of vitriol and treason.!, but karma is catching up with you and fast.

Molly Johnston (@guest_1116354)
Reply to  alicia regina cervera
8 months ago

Unfortunately not fast enough!!!!

Stephen Kovacs (@guest_1116457)
Reply to  Don
8 months ago

I agree, a really destructive thing for individual freedoms. Pelosi lied strait away. The “For The People Act,” does nothing to help US citizens; it does everything to increase politicians strangle hold on individual fredoms. Politicians could not be held responsible for anything.

Virginia Overstreet (@guest_1115963)

People should read ecclesiastes 10:2

Wayne (@guest_1115964)
8 months ago

If Nasty Nancy Pelosi is involved it is only to rig election in democRATS favor !!!

Terry A. Bell (@guest_1115984)
Reply to  Wayne
8 months ago

Why hasn’t that witch been shot dead yet ?

KatahdinView (@guest_1116013)
Reply to  Terry A. Bell
8 months ago

I do not know I wish someone would, but she is guarded 24/74 becasue she knows people are coming after her.

Dorothy Paul (@guest_1116382)
Reply to  KatahdinView
8 months ago

Where are our patriotic snipers who would whatever is necessary to defend our country against all enemies foreign and domestic>

Zyla (@guest_1116856)
Reply to  Dorothy Paul
8 months ago

They definitely need to come out from hiding as we sure could use their expertise.

Susan Meyer (@guest_1116387)
Reply to  Terry A. Bell
8 months ago

Why does she keep getting re-elected??? I guess Democrats just proved without a doubt that they do not have any working brain cells. What is the world is wrong with you people. Power hungry people produce nothing that is good for our country. They only want to destroy. Why don’t you guys vacate the USA and go to China or another Communist country. See how you fare over there!!!!

Sorcerer7 (@guest_1117039)
Reply to  Terry A. Bell
8 months ago

There is the old adage “what goes around comes around”, and “reap what you sow” Sooner or later it will happen and be much worse than being shot. For being such a “good Catholic”, as she claims. Sooner or later they all will have to account for themselves. Either in this life or the next. Trust in God! He’s still running things!

Rocky Wayne Scott (@guest_1115968)
8 months ago

Why can the House not expel Methuselah Pelosi. She is naught but poison to govt and any form of democracy or republic.

gerald s greenstein (@guest_1115975)
8 months ago

Tjhe GOPis part of the swamp/ How could sleepy joe win an election against the best president in my lifetime (I’m72), without help from elite swamp member McConnell? The Gop has as many swamp members as the dumbocrats

Nancy Portia Barberis (@guest_1115981)
8 months ago

I do not know a single democrat
why do you suppose that is
If you know one let me know

frank (@guest_1116358)
Reply to  Nancy Portia Barberis
8 months ago

I know one but he voted for Trump.

Marlene (@guest_1120529)
Reply to  Nancy Portia Barberis
8 months ago

I know one and she voted for Trump. There were more votes than registered voters in every state. It was calculated that 135% voted. Can you say fraudulent election? No more hiding vote counts. No more machines, paper ballots and equal number of both parties do the counting publicly.

Terry A. Bell (@guest_1115985)
8 months ago

They are hiding. They are afraid they will be killed !

James (@guest_1115987)
8 months ago

Pelosi needs to shrivel up and die like the bill did the last time it was introduced. Keep in mind there are different kinds and levels of dementia, and it appears to be contagious in the democratic arena.

Steve Barrette (@guest_1116005)

Anything commie Pelosi, Biden does is bad for American freedom

alicia regina cervera (@guest_1116338)
Reply to  Steve Barrette
8 months ago

they are cancerous to our nation and theyre just starting.!!!

Wild Bill (@guest_1116011)
8 months ago

At that point conservative Americans should stop paying taxes because that would clearly be taxation without representation.

David (@guest_1116014)
8 months ago

Pelosi is from California-need I say more?–they elect her but do not force her to do what needs to be done-
and then congress votes her in to continue her dictatorship–the demorats and the ones who put her in power are
to blame for electing her to that spot.
Anything she does is to her benefit and not the American people.

Dave Pokorny (@guest_1116803)
Reply to  David
8 months ago

I think you need to say a little more. I lived in the Bay Area for the better part of my life. I owned a company that I sent out several service vehicles every day. Just to let you know, I was born in a small town in Northern Wisconsin and was raised on a dairy farm. I told my wife that if I start acting like the people in the CA Bay Area we are moving. I hated people with road rage the most so much that I told my wife we are moving to the country in Northern CA before I have to hurt someone. My kids are grown up so that wasn’t a problem. My wife and I found a small town in the Sierra Nevada Mountains that reminded us of our youth. We are just trying to make it like the next guy in this miserable time. The first day I heard Trump speak I was all in. A will always think President Trump was the best President this country ever had in my 65 years of existence anyway. I donated as much money I could two days ago to help us Patriots keep the momentum going. Never judge a book by it cover man. There are a lot of good people that live in screwed up places.

Phil, Wisdom of age (@guest_1116018)
8 months ago

The Democrat party, nation wide is being filled with megalomaniacs. If they attain unilateral control as her proposal would ultimately do, than there would be no democracy.

Howard (@guest_1116093)
Reply to  Phil, Wisdom of age
8 months ago

Phil, do you see any democracy now????

Howard (@guest_1116098)
8 months ago

There is only one way to bring democracy back to this country & voting will not get it done now.

Dale Evans (@guest_1116130)
8 months ago

Pelosi, and about two thirds of the Senat MUST BE retired- FORCIBLY if necessary! Somewhere between half and two thirds of the Senate is anywhere from 66 to at least 87 years old!!! Almost all of We the People MUST retire at 65. Nasty Pelosi is 27 years past that. Being a .e.ner of Congress or the Senate was NEVER meant to be a lifetime job!!! Term Limits, and a MAJOR house cleaning MUST be done NOW!!!!!!!

Dewey Landrum (@guest_1116409)
Reply to  Dale Evans
8 months ago

Make them retire with the same pay as the military gets.We had to spend a minimum of twenty years in before we could retire. Many times we worked twelve hours on and twelve off with no overtime. I would do it again if my country needed me but I am 89 years old so I don’t think they will need my help

Zyla (@guest_1116862)
Reply to  Dale Evans
8 months ago

Agree with you totally! You know why they want to hang onto those positions is because of all the benefits that go along with them. We definitely need term limits for sure for Congressmen and Senators. They may have come in with good intentions but we all know what happens when the Good Ole Boy’s Club gets a hold of them. They become complacent and just go along with the corruption and forget about representing the people who got them there in the first place. What we have in there now is way over the top and democracy will be nonexistent if we don’t have enough warriors to take on these liberals on steroids who profess to be for the people and for unity but their underlying agenda is the direct opposite of that and if allowed to succeed America the Land of the Free will be no more.

Paul Otts (@guest_1116235)
8 months ago

It’s obvious even to the Democrats that Pelosi and her cohorts are way beyond their shelf date, but they are still useful tools for them. If we want our country to be what it was advertised to be by the Founders, as they once stated IT’S ON US TO DO IT! This country needs to be taken back by WE THE PEOPLE!

stuart nolting (@guest_1116332)
8 months ago

Enjoy the show you are watching because these vermin are showing their true criminal acts and do not seem to care what anyone thinks ! This is what criminals do when they think they are getting away with their crimes unpunished but eventually they will come to justice which I believe is coming soon!

CurlyQ (@guest_1116344)
8 months ago

The more federal regulations are involved the worse things get.

Eugene (@guest_1116373)
8 months ago

this woman needs to be gaged so she can’t talk

James (@guest_1116394)
8 months ago

Pelosi is pushing for communistic state.

LOUISE (@guest_1116410)
Reply to  James
8 months ago

lets get petitions against her shumer shiffjust like there doing to her nephew in california. lets do it before she opens her dementia mouth. she really is the devil.and calls herself a devout catholic.?dont think so.

Marlene (@guest_1120532)
Reply to  James
8 months ago

Pelosi was a high up member of the communist party awhile ago. I’m sure she still is.

Claxson 68 (@guest_1116464)
8 months ago

If the old hag Pelosi had anything to do with this bill it has to be bad for the country!

Robert (@guest_1116468)
8 months ago

Pelosi is from a Political Family in Maryland ( Her Father was a Mayor ). She is part of Willie Brown’s San Francisco PLANTATION, like his Ex-Mistress Kamala Harris, and Governor Gavin Newsom. Insider Big Money “Rainmakers “ All $$$$$ !!

George (@guest_1116516)
Reply to  Robert
8 months ago

You’re right. Her father was a corrupt politician. So corrupt that Pres. Kennedy wanted the FBI to investigate whether he had ties to organized crime. Her brother was also a corrupt mayor of Baltimore. He nephew is Gavin Newsome the corrupt governor of California. Her son Paul was also involved with the energy business in Ukraine the same time Hunter Biden and Adam Schiff were. The family tradition of corruption has been consistent for three generations.

Do you think Swamp Queen Pelosi may also have Chinese ties? San Francisco appears to be a major hub for Chinese spies. Eric Swalwell represents the district that is adjacent to Pelosi’s district. He had an affair with a Chinese spy. That spy tried to get at east one of her members hired in Swalwell’s congressional office. Whether that was in San Francisco or Washington is anybody’s guess. Then the senator who also represents the districts of both Pelosi and Sawlwell, Diane Feinstein, had a Chinese spy as her chauffeur for 20 years. Do you really think they would have ignored Pelosi all this time? I suspect Pelosi has a few working for her in one or more of her offices.

James (@guest_1116486)
8 months ago

Like Biden every bill she pushes costs the American people real (shrinking )money.

George (@guest_1116508)
8 months ago

Even the title of her proposed legislation is a lie. She has never been for the people. Anything she does is for only a small majority of people. The only people her legislation is for is those already in the Democrat party. Vote rigging is going to be made legal with her legislation.

Cecelia Henderson (@guest_1116593)
8 months ago

The Bill would destroy any opportunity to ever have another honest election. Sadly, the Bill is against every protection there is of guaranteeing a fair and honest one. This bill would destroy the entire election process.

Lynn (@guest_1116834)
8 months ago

Pelosi and Schumer following Biden’s agenda could be the end of the DEMS.

Americans are ready to end their party and it appears the Dems are destroying themselves and they do not even know it!

WHAT GOES AROUND, WILL COME AROUND!

JoeFratz (@guest_1117387)
8 months ago

If a Dimn-witted-ocrat is for it, I am against it!!!!!

Billy Wilson (@guest_1117479)
8 months ago

That should remove the witch from office.

Marlene (@guest_1120534)
8 months ago

I have a prediction. Pelosi will be president within a year. She pushed Biden for president because she could get him tossed out via 25th amendment. Heels up Harris will be forced out or impeached. Pelosi has been planning this coup for a few years. I think she was planning in 2016 on impeaching Hillary for corruption or evidence tampering on her emails. Trump happened though, now she is out for revenge on Trump because he exposed her for what she is. A power mad, greedy, corrupt, and arrogant elitist.

Ruby (@guest_1184370)
6 months ago

I could not refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!

Santospal (@guest_1189547)
6 months ago

http://zithromaxproff.com/# where can i buy zithromax in canada
zithromax generic cost

Santospal (@guest_1189729)

https://zithromaxproff.com/# zithromax for sale 500 mg
buy zithromax online australia

Santospal (@guest_1190042)
6 months ago

http://zithromaxproff.com/# generic zithromax online paypal
zithromax pill

Billyamopy (@guest_1194696)
6 months ago

order keftab: ciplox for sale
ampicillin tablets

0mniartist (@guest_1200837)
6 months ago

What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable knowledge regarding unexpected feelings.
0mniartist asmr

0mniartist (@guest_1201126)
6 months ago

It’s really a cool and helpful piece of info. I’m satisfied that you just
shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this.
Thanks for sharing. asmr 0mniartist

0mniartist (@guest_1201805)
6 months ago

Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?

I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
Cheers 0mniartist asmr

0mniartist (@guest_1202883)
6 months ago

Hello everybody, here every person is sharing these
know-how, so it’s nice to read this website, and
I used to visit this web site everyday. 0mniartist asmr

0mniartist (@guest_1203120)
6 months ago

It’s very effortless to find out any topic on web as compared to books, as I
found this post at this site. 0mniartist asmr