May 23, 2022

Gowdy: Clinesmith indictment likely the only criminal complaint from Durham probe

Fox News contributor and former Congressman Trey Gowdy revealed on Sunday that believes there will be no further indictments stemming from U.S. Attorney John Durham’s probe into the origins of the Russia collusion investigation.

Attorney General Bill Barr has indicated on multiple occasions that Durham’s investigation is drawing to a close and that the results of the probe will be made public by the end of the summer.

Barr’s statements, along with other rumors, have given Trump supporters hope that high-level Obama administration officials such as former FBI Director James Comey and former CIA director John Brennan would be made to answer for their role in the now-debunked collusion investigation.

However, Gowdy appears to believe that the indictment of Former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith last month will be the only significant criminal referral stemming from the probe.

“Sunday Morning Futures” host Maria Bartiromo asked Gowdy to weigh in on the speculation surrounding Durham’s interview of Brennan last month. Brennan issued a statement after the meeting claiming that Durham confirmed that he is not a target of the investigation.

Gowdy replied:

My experience as a prosecutor is your status can change in an instant. You can move from being a witness to a subject to a target so I understand that Brennan’s PR machine wants us all to believe that he’s not a target.

That status can change. You’re one document or one false statement away from going from one to the other.

With respect to Durham, my expectation is that he is going to access documents that [Calif. Republican Rep.] Devin [Nunes], [Texas Republican Rep. John] Ratcliffe and I never got to see,” he continued. “He’s going to access documents that the FBI never shared with Congress and he’ll write the definitive accounting of what happened.

Whether or not there’ll be more indictments or not, I don’t know and I like to assume that there will not be.

Gowdy acknowledged that it “puts me in a small minority, but I’m assuming that the Clinesmith indictment will be the only one.”

However, he explained that whether or not high-level Obama officials suffer “criminal consequences,” the “jury has a chance in November of 2020 to weigh in and say, ‘You know what, you didn’t meet our expectations for law enforcement. We’re going to mete out the punishment, whether or not there’s an indictment or not.'”

The former congressman is one of only two GOP representatives that were allowed to view all of the redacted documents in both the Trump-Russia investigation, Bartiromo noted.

Kathy (@guest_1044907)

Typical they going to get away with it money always talks

Old school (@guest_1044920)
Reply to  Kathy

Exactly right you’re going to get away with their crimes again

Linda Evans (@guest_1044948)
Reply to  Old school

That’s what I expected. They will all get away with it. Sad day for America.

Jcb (@guest_1044958)
Reply to  Linda Evans

If so it tells me that they are all in it together

Roy T. OTA (@guest_1045002)
Reply to  Jcb

Shows you how DEEP the “Deep State” is ingrained in our system after so many years!!! Unfortunately, it’s gonna take MORE than another 4 years to weed these leeches out!!!

Robin Andrews (@guest_1044981)
Reply to  Kathy

Of course they’re the only ones that can. Any of the American ppl would be charged n prosecuted to the furthest extent of the law. Which leads me to believe the leaders most certainly should be as well.

George Elo (@guest_1045077)
Reply to  Robin Andrews

I agree. They need to send some people to jail.

Daniel R Smith Sr (@guest_1045068)
Reply to  Kathy

THE PROOF IS IN WRITING AND VIDEO AND KNOW ONE WITH A BRAIN CAN
SAY THAT THERE IS NOT ENOUGH PROOF TO INDICT THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION >: THERE SHOULD SOME ONE THAT HAS BALLS TO
TAKE DOWN THE ONES THAT TIRED TO MAKE A COUP AGAINST THE PRESIDENT>:

George Elo (@guest_1045079)
Reply to  Daniel R Smith Sr

No one in the government has the balls to take down any of Obama’s administration. Including the Republicans. In of story.

Rivahmitch (@guest_1044909)

In other words, “The swamp will continue to take care of its own.”;-(

j (@guest_1044910)

If Trey Gowdy is right it will fuel more anger toward the government and lack of justice system. WE all know Hillary was guilty as sin, she walks, WE all know Comey, McCabe, Baker, Nellie & Bruce Ohr, Rosenstein, Strickland, Page,, OMG the list goes on and on,, Brennen, Clapper,, and NONE of these treasonous snakes will be held accountable for trying to unseat a duly elected President?? Good God, we are doomed!!!

lionel s ducote (@guest_1044946)
Reply to  j

Yeah, can’t argue with you. Our servants are exempt!

William Sullens (@guest_1044983)
Reply to  j

J: you are exactly right. The fear of the left over rides what is right and what should happen. No guts to unforced the law even at the highest levels of the justice department. Sad! Sad! Sad! They won’t even support the President when they know they should for fear of reprisals.

Claudia (@guest_1045020)
Reply to  j

I find this really disheartening & at the same time; not surprised. However, Americans that believe in America make their voices heard loud & clear on November 3rd, with a vote for President Trump, hold the Senate with more Republicans that support President Trump & his policies, we will have a better chance at seeing justice. Gaining back the House would be a real big win; slim, but possible. Biggest focus should be getting Trump another four years & holding the Senate..LETS MAKE THAT HAPPEN FIRST AND FOREMOST!

George Elo (@guest_1045082)
Reply to  j

I say ammo up. It’s going to be bad. Especially if Biden gets in office.

Leann O'Bleness (@guest_1044912)

If there are no more indictment’s for the Russia collusion and the Trump impeachment then there is no justice in this country. The Obamma administration along with Clinton and additional help from others in the Democratic party, tried to oust a duly ected president. These people need to be punishecitizen d for their wrong doing . Like any other citizen. But the Democratic party seems to believe they are above the law.

Marilyn (@guest_1044918)
Reply to  Leann O'Bleness

Agree!

Lance Silver (@guest_1044938)
Reply to  Leann O'Bleness

Arrest Obama and his sycophants for #Sedition #Conspiracy verging on #Treason.

Luisa (@guest_1044947)
Reply to  Leann O'Bleness

The American nation has no idea how deep in the sewer we are,! And the only one between us and the inhabitants of the cesspool is the President! It is not only the Clintons,or the FBI or the department of justice with the exception of Mr.Barr and above all of them THE OBAMAS!!!!!!!

Timothy (@guest_1044996)
Reply to  Luisa

Barr is a swamp creature…he & Pompao have already covered for Hitlery’s crimes. wise up, Amerika is so evil

Bustinjeiber (@guest_1044998)
Reply to  Leann O'Bleness

They ARE above the law. It’s a proven fact!And they will corrupt the voting process too, to get Trump out. Even when the evidence presents itself, no charges will come. We have all been screwed over, and they love it! Never thought my country was so corrupt? Well actually I did ….the years Obama was In Office, but thought it would end once he was gone, didn’t realize how deep it goes. America is a mess, what a disgrace!

Claudia (@guest_1045026)
Reply to  Leann O'Bleness

Republicans can’t allow this to take our focus off November 3rd and getting our President re-elected AND holding the Senate with ousting as many of the Democrats out and filling those Senate seats with Republicans that will support President Trump & his policies. For four years, Dems have tried to distract President Trump with everything possible and he never wavered from keeping his promises to the American people. Democrats would love nothing more then to distract us with this “lack of justice”, but let’s put it on the back shelf and stand up and fight for keeping our President and the Senate. I really think the more Democrats see our disappointments on the Durham report, the more they’ll use it against us. Keep November 3rd, FIRST and FOREMOST and that will be our justice and our hope.

Antoinette (@guest_1045048)
Reply to  Claudia

Great comment Claudia. You are right. We need to re-elect our President and put some allies in Congress for him. Swampers-whether Democcrat or Republican-need to be voted out.
That said, I will still be horribly disappointed in our Justice Department if they try and place the only blame on a minor FBI attorney and let the others go free. I have always trusted Bill Barr and his unbiased dedication to the rule of law. I sincerely hope that trust has not been misplaced.

Denise Fernandez (@guest_1045070)
Reply to  Claudia

Pelosi needs to be fired. After what the Democratic Party and her misguided lead, they put The President of the United States through a hoax of an impeachment. And many many more ridiculous rumors and fake news for 4 years….This is ridiculous Adam Schiff is still blaming The President with Russian concluding!! This has to stop now! They are rioting and looting and killing and no one is stopping this! A democratic governor has threatened him. The behavior of the Democrats is beyond ridiculous!! Must be stopped today!!! William Barr stop this. That hoax of an impeachment needs to be reversed. Obamagate has been proved the Democrats did everything they could to harm his Presidency!

TOM (@guest_1044914)

IF DURHAM DOESNT COME UP WITH CRIMINAL INDICTMENTS AGAINST THESE CORRUPT POS DEMOCRATS THEN I HOPE FOR A CIVIL WAR SO WE CAN SHOOT THESE COMMIE BASTARDS ANYWAY CAUSE THEY DESERVE IT AND SO DOES DURHAM IF HE LETS THESE SCUMBAGS OFF THE HOOK. A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE PISSED OFF AT HIM

Luisa (@guest_1044951)
Reply to  TOM

I could not agree more. It will require a CIVIL WAR. I have lived through several of them…………..

Roberta King (@guest_1044964)
Reply to  TOM

Stephen Osterday (@guest_1044969)
Reply to  Roberta King

So right!

DELAINE HILZENDEGER (@guest_1044991)
Reply to  TOM

I AGREE.

DELAINE HILZENDEGER (@guest_1044992)
Reply to  DELAINE HILZENDEGER

Even the House is scared to death. Remember how they more or less threatened Barr about opening Durham’s report? They know the bastards are all guilty as sin.

Timothy (@guest_1044997)
Reply to  TOM

read the 202 words of the per-amble. Alter, abolish or SEPARATE from such evil & corrupt government! stupid slaves, you will never learn

Helen Kaiser (@guest_1045014)
Reply to  TOM

Do you think maybe that is what they are pushing for?? Maybe they want the silent majority pissed off enough to rise up and start a civil war. Seems to me since they keep back peddling saying indictments are coming and then, ohhh only one and we are done?? And then on top of all the Nancy BS and they keep putting off helping the people they basically put on house arrest losing their income and still keeping some states in lock down. Keeping us masked up. To me that is pushing too many people with alot of pent up frustration and energy(like me). I am buying a gun also. Things are going to get wayyyy worse. This whole government to needs to go and start over with what our Constitution was written. Big governemnt is NOT it!!

russell d remmert (@guest_1044916)

this scum needs to be hung

Michael Perry (@guest_1044917)

ALL OF THESE TRAITORS NEED TO BE EXECUTED PUBLICLY!!!!

JMichael270 (@guest_1044925)
Reply to  Michael Perry

Amen!

Severa M Hill (@guest_1044921)

All required fields are filled in and I am asking you published my comments because I can accuse you or racism since I am Mexican America and will file a lawsuit against you. Thank you for being so kind.

Paul (@guest_1044972)
Reply to  Severa M Hill

Are you kidding me? Sounds like you’ll always be a minority with your attitude. Would you desire to sue me as well? Paul

Bruce Cagenello (@guest_1044922)

J’s response is “right on”

I am looking forward to the results of Attorney General Bill Barr’s investigations.

Thank you for this opportunity to respond

Barbara Trujillo (@guest_1044923)

This news is very disheartening the fact that the American people will not see any justice when it comes to Hillary or the Obama Administration it’s just appalling and in Hillary case she’s getting away with murder literally

SGT Preston (@guest_1044952)
Reply to  Barbara Trujillo

Yeah, Barbara, that’s why no one has any faith in the government–the guilty get away with literally, murder and no accountability. Why have a Justice Dept. if all they do is rubber stamp the crimes of their predecessors.

Old school (@guest_1044924)

I think it’s more like prophetic

Jessie Brooks (@guest_1044926)

These people attempted to overthrow our government and need to be held accountable

Linda Evans (@guest_1044956)
Reply to  Jessie Brooks

Did Durham get bought off too?? Yes , I see the writing on the wall.

Susan Meyer (@guest_1045033)
Reply to  Linda Evans

I agree with you. America is going down the tubes by the Liberals. However, now they are being joined by the Republicans. President Trump, please do not stay silent on this one. If you do, there will be hell to pay. BIG TIMES!!!!!

robert amerine (@guest_1044928)

GOOD GRIEF, hope Goudy is wruhg on this one.

rafa (@guest_1044929)

That is not fair for delinquents to get off that easy, there should be a BIG investigation on those mentioned in the above letter above, I just got a traffic ticket which was taken by a street cameras, Do you think I can plead guilty or innocent, do you think if I plead innocent I can get away with it. shame, shame, shame the American family just got cheated by a treasonous government person

E J Holland (@guest_1044930)

This information really upset me. I totally agree with all of the comments listed above.
The Demorats are deplorable, but they get away with all their illegal deeds. I wouldn’t have thought Durham would let them all get off unscathed, but if he does, he must never be given anything regarding justice and truth again.

Our country needs justice. If these people get away with their evil ways, there will be no one left who thinks they should be held accountable.

Antoinette (@guest_1044931)

This is really troublesome news. I understand that some people may not want to pursue action against Obama out of respect for the office. However, this is not a case of tax evasion or shady business dealings; this is treason. People who commit treason should be prosecuted. Period. Regardless of their office. If what Mr. Gowdy is saying is true, then we don’t deserve this country. Our ancestors, fathers, brothers, husband’s, sisters, wives–of all colors and backgrounds–just threw away their lives.

John Hall (@guest_1044944)
Reply to  Antoinette

Do you think that the Democrats(DEMONRATS)wouldn’t go after Trump for any reason while in office or out of office? THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT OR MORALS WHAT SO EVER! They use every dirty trick in the book and even many they just make up along the way. Every one of those Criminals even OBAMA and HILLARY should go to PRSION for their crimes.

Susan Stroebel (@guest_1044936)

It’s business as usual. So unfair. None of THEM had to work so hard that they collapsed from fatigue. They will be able to take the money that honest citizens paid in taxes and go off to their private spaces living in comfort while we clean up the crap they left.

Antoinette (@guest_1044937)

There are more than 5 responses. Where are they ?

John Hall (@guest_1044941)
Reply to  Antoinette

I posted 7 minutes after you and there are 23.

John Hall (@guest_1044939)

I have a serious problem with there be no more indictments. Comey needs to go to jail for applying for FISA Warrants using information that HE KNEW WAS FALSE. He figured Hillary was going to win hands down and he wouldn’t have anything to worry about. Well he was wrong. McCabe was caught LYING TO FBI INVESTIGATORS. He said he was SORRY! Well SORRY ISN”T GOOD ENOUGH! McCabe needs to go to prison along with Comey.

Maria (@guest_1044949)

WELL WELL WELL I guess the Democrats were wrong When they chanted over and over again….. NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW, NOT EVEN THE PRESIDENT…….. OH BUT WAIT THE SWAMP DEMOCRAT’S ARE ABOVE THE LAW. We the people have been waiting and waiting for them to be held accountable. IF THEIR NOT THEN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS CERTAINLY DOOMED. OH YEH, AND THE INVESTIGATOR’S AND ANYONE ELSE THAT DON’T STEP UP AND END THEIR CORRUPTNESS. They will continue to do it over and over again because they aren’t held accountable.

Jerame (@guest_1044959)

TOM
Your opinion is not based on any evidence– It’s just that if the investigation doesn’t come out the way U want it to, then obviously something is wrong. U sound to me like a very, very angry person who is willing to resort to violence to damage the social fabric. U certainly need deep counseling, if not incarceration, to protect the safety of innocent citizens!!

Old Mort (@guest_1045017)
Reply to  Jerame

AAh Shutup!

William (@guest_1044960)

I believe that there are some rats in the wood pile these investigators must have something to hide this stinks to high heaven

David (@guest_1044965)

If the guilty democrats are not prosecuted for their obvious crimes, then why should any criminal be prosecuted?? If there are no consequences for committing a crime, then there is no law!!

B King (@guest_1044966)

Claudia (@guest_1045030)
Reply to  B King

This talk of having a “Civil War”, and shooting people” is NOT what America is about. I’m mad too, but I completely disagree with those that think separating our country with further violence will solve anything. This sounds a lot like a bunch of Progressive rhetoric that insites riots and hate. Is that what is going to bring justice to our President and the Republican party or is it a personal vendetta? This is the first time I’ve seen so much hate on this website and in all honesty that should not be acceptable or constructive thought here. I’m not looking to start anything here, I just hope that the anger for this injustice will play out with getting President Trump another 4yrs and holding on to the Senate on Nov 3rd. Otherwise, the hate mongering sounds like a Democrat talking.

B King (@guest_1044967)

I believe war is our only hope! Guess I’ll finally HAVE to buy a gun! . . . and hide any thing of value I have. This will be our futrue; no guns, no jobs, no money, no food, no justice, pathetic health care which means awful doctors who will charge more than they’re worth who will get paid a tiny fraction of what they charge so that the rest will float to the top to those who run the government. We will all live as the Venezuelans do, no homes and no food, eating our pets if we’re lucky enough to keep them alive! I’m ready to cry! Look what that “wonderful” Muslim president has done to us! But not one of this crooked gang will pay any price!

jjofaz (@guest_1044971)

Has Gowdy always been right? He has a habit of jumping the gun because he wants to be the first to say it. When we hear it from Barr then we can criticize, but til then there is hope that the swamp has not sucked in Durham too.

Pathfinder0100 (@guest_1044986)
Reply to  jjofaz

Barr has already stated that there will be NO investigations of those who need it as it would be too political! (You know who}

Richard Milton Wise (@guest_1044974)

I guess it will be OK for me to rob a bank! Just say I’m a democrat and go free. On my way to the bank loot and burn a few stores.

These people who take an oath to office should be impeached. I’m sorry we can’t impeach these treasonist, baby killers China lovers!

Rick Montgomery (@guest_1044978)

IF YOU PAY ATTENTION TO OTHER MEDIA THAN THE FAR LEFT MEDIA, THEN THE PEOPLE YOU ARE REFERRING HAV ALREADY BEEN TO GUANTANAMO & TRIED!! THERE ARE SEVERAL BODY DOUBLES IN PLAY NOW WITH KEY PEOPLE IN UPPER GOVERNMENT POSITIONS!!!
MOAT OF THE INTEL COMES FROM THE MILITARY INTELIGENCE!! AND IF YOU LISTEN TO NESARA/GESARA WITH HOSTS CHARLIE WARD & CHARLIE FREAK, THEY HAVE LISTED ALOT OF THE CRIMINALS WE ALL HOPED WOULD BE TRIED ALREADY!! WELL THEY SAY THEY ALREADY HAVE BEEN & EXECUTED!!

Pathfinder0100 (@guest_1044982)

Just anothrt investigation that ignored the facts. Looks as if there is NO justice in our law anymore concerning politicans. What have WE done with our voter apathy??

GB60 (@guest_1044984)

If so, USA can no longer be the beacon of law & order, fairness. Instead, a multiple justice system rules unconscionably to make America the world’s laughing stock on this shameful farce. Too bad, may take years
to rehabilitate & rectify. Calling on Constitutionalisrs.

Marcella McGraw (@guest_1044988)

I cannot believe that Hillary is getting away with paying for the all ordinaries and she will not be charged with nothing people wake up we need to stop paying Taxes for this very reason,we don’t need Congress or Senate or a President like Obama or any of the rest below him,Donald Trump is the only President in our lifetime that hasn’t taken a pay check in Washington, all those CROOKS has treated him like a Criminal, they are the Criminals nothing being done about it. The America people is going to have it stopped

Thomas Soriano, Sr. (@guest_1044989)

I want to see Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff and the rest of the treasonous Democrats pay for all of their crimes against our country and the American People! If our government won’t do it, it will be left up to the American Taxpayers. Hang them all!

Bustinjeiber (@guest_1045004)

D I S G U S T I N G! What a disgrace America has become! Democrats suck! What they will do for power, the old hags!

James W Morgan (@guest_1045005)

The “Deep State” will always be in American’s life and it is and always will be run by the damn democRATS.. The real bad part of it all, the Republican’s know it and can’t break it..

Gregory Lancet (@guest_1045039)
Reply to  James W Morgan

There are Deep state agents in Republican party also but fewer than in Democrat party-look at John Bolton, Mii Romney..

Larry Gaines (@guest_1045010)

Clinesmith is going to be a scapegoat for all of the others and by all rights the others should be charged also

RAY TATGE (@guest_1045016)

I’m not one of those thinking this is over. Durham and Barr understand that doing what most here think is going to happen, is no different than what Comey did by letting Hillary off the hook. I don’t believe that for a moment. There will be more indictments and a full accounting of what happened. Telling Brennan think he isn’t a target, is what Comey did to the president. There are to many crimes that have been committed to whitewash it.

Ray (@guest_1045022)

Some justice system hey! Laws for thee but not for me! That should be the DOJ’s new motto! The FBI’s could be, ‘Money talks and BS walks!’

Glenda (@guest_1045035)

That means Obama, Biden, Comey, and the rest of the Traitors who tried to un-seat a sitting President, it’s called Treason, will get away with it!

[…] Button text […]

John J (@guest_1045088)

The ad for “cutting electricity. today is misleading and illegal and you need to stop running it NOW! Why? It does NOT show viewer how to cut E bill today but instead, is a come-on to buy a device tmhat cannot be delivered on same day.
Either delete or I’ll report to gov.