May 24, 2022

Fox News host Dan Bongino permanently banned from YouTube

Conservative broadcaster Dan Bongino was permanently suspended from YouTube on Wednesday, shutting down both accounts linked to his popular program.

The ban followed his show attempting to upload new content on one of his channels while his other channel was under a suspension and had been demonetized. The suspension came due to alleged COVID-19 misinformation for saying masks were useless in stopping the spread of the virus during a video.

“We terminated Dan Bongino’s channels for circumventing our Terms of Service by posting a video while there was an active strike and suspension associated with the account,” the YouTube spokesperson told the DCNF.

“When a channel receives a strike, it is against our Terms of Service to post content or use another channel to circumvent the suspension,” the spokesperson added.

Bongino’s main account had nearly 900,000 subscribers when it was shut down.

Bongino mocked the ban, saying, “YouTube communists desperately try to save face after we told them to go f%^* themselves,” in a Twitter post.

The ban is one of a growing number of censorship situations involving Big Tech and conservatives, leading to increased discussion of how to deal with the issue.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn

OUR TWEETS

PRESIDENT'S TWEETS

Sign Up For The Daily Newsletter

SYNDICATED NEWS