May 23, 2022

Fox News fires editor behind catastrophic Arizona election call

Fox News shocked fans on election night by choosing to call Arizona for now-President-elect Joe Biden long before any other network — and then refusing to rescind the premature call.

Fox’s politics editor, Chris Stirewalt, was blamed for the catastrophic event and has now reportedly been fired from the network as part of a restructuring effort ahead of the Biden administration.

Coming into election day, Fox News had never enjoyed such strong ratings and support from Republican fans.  Inappropriately calling Arizona for Biden was just the first of a number of editorial calls that began turning Fox’s Republican base against the network, culminating in a ratings plunge the network hasn’t seen in decades.

Stirewalt, who was with Fox for over a decade before his abrupt departure, made frequent appearances on Fox prior to the election but hasn’t been seen on air since November 17th.

The Washington Examiner reported:

He was let go along with nearly 20 other digital operations staff in a “restructuring” of the cable network announced in October. Other reports said that other executives in the Fox Washington bureau are also set to leave.

It was Fox’s decision to call Arizona with just 73% of the vote counted that angered the president and GOP officials who feared that would prompt Republicans who hadn’t yet voted in the state to stay home instead.

Though Joe Biden was ultimately declared the winner after a protracted battle over the Grand Canyon State, Fox News was not spared the wrath of fans who saw the call as an indication that the network was in Biden’s corner all along.

The Examiner continued:

In September, the cable giant announced the internal restructuring, and today’s layoffs are part of that, said a person familiar with the matter. The cuts in the digital team came as the demands lightened after the election.

Secrets was told that the new digital team will be “diverse” and run mostly by a woman.

Are you a current or former fan of Fox News? Scroll down to the comments section to let us know your thoughts.

Bruce (@guest_1108835)

DO “YOU” want to KNOW the “TIMES OF THE END?” Here is one of the signs…”Children are their oppressors and women rule over them.” Isaiah 3:12 KJV Not to mention the “Wars and Rumours of Wars and Earthquakes in Divers places and Plagues and viruses and Riots and Hate abounding and the coldness of men’s and women’s hearts and the man people saying they are god’s and religious baloney and drought and famine and threats of more and more wars and troubles etc It is NOT just the trouble(s) but, the fact that they are happening all together and right on top of one another! This is the TIME of THE END! Se Matt 24 KJV SEE the above VIOLATED GOD’s words in that HE said in 1 Tim 2:12/Pro 31:2-3/Titus 2:5 KJV that women have a place, and it is NOT in Congress/Senate/Legislature or as a Judge in the courts, be it S.Court or any other! See Exodus 18:20-21 KJV (From which OUR U.S. Constitution was derived, as was Israels’ same constitution at that time!) JUST ONE MORE of the signs of the times of the end! Are “YOU” READY FOR WHAT WILL SURELY COME? 1 Peter 3:18 KJV

Laye (@guest_1108930)
Reply to  Bruce

It is the end times! Jesus is coming!!! Repent before it is too late! Even so, come Lord Jesus!!!

Mork (@guest_1109072)
Reply to  Bruce

We are going into good times. God is in control, military will handle everything. Donald will be inaugurated as President in the New Republic. There will be peace on earth, no wars and prosperity for all.
Provided we get rid of the democraps, rinos and 98% of Washington DC. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Michael Schepperly (@guest_1109078)
Reply to  Bruce

I have watched fox for 30 years as a conservative. You have gotten too liberal and I will not watch you anymore. Now I use the internet/Facebook .
If you ever return to honesty in stead of liberal crap I will return

Barbara R Zumsteg (@guest_1109092)
Reply to  Bruce

I have been saying we are in the end times for several years now. Especially since the Democrats took over Congress. They had tried for several years to take over the Senate also. The one thing that saved us was the past 4 years under President Trump. He did not take any shenanigans from the Democrats and from some of the Republicans.

Leonard (@guest_1108923)

Food is a traitor. News has it that it was the owners wife who caused this problem. She’s. A stone lefty. One year from now u will be sorry for putting a slug like him in office. He will be impeached. His son Brother and sister in law are headed for jail. Hopefully.

KEN (@guest_1108954)
Reply to  Leonard

AMEN

Frances Strejan (@guest_1109138)
Reply to  KEN

TELL FOX NEWS… TOLITTLE TO LATE!!! ONCE A BENIDIC ALWAYS A BENIDUC!! DCREW US ONCE, OURS MAYBE .TO DO AGAIN …HELL NO…FIUND TRUE NEWS .NOT BOUGHT NEWS!!!

Leo (@guest_1109075)
Reply to  Leonard

Agreed

Sandra Morrison (@guest_1108925)

I stopped watching Fox way before election night. Had enough of Juan Williams, Donna Brazil’s and the other lefties

Dorothy (@guest_1108979)
Reply to  Sandra Morrison

Amen Sandra. That’s when I started backing away when I saw Donna Brazil’s was hired but the treatment of President is was cinched it. I wouldn’t watch Fox if it were the only alternative. The trashed their golden goose. Dumb move Fox!

Leo (@guest_1109079)
Reply to  Sandra Morrison

Me too. Now watching Newsmax.

Connie Mays (@guest_1109099)
Reply to  Sandra Morrison

SO TRUE. Fox used to be the only news station I watched. What happened Fox???????

Bill Stone (@guest_1109134)
Reply to  Sandra Morrison

GOOD point! … along with Marie Harf, Neil Cavuto, Jessica Tarlov, etc.

harold campbell (@guest_1108936)

Fox’s downfall started with the Mike Wallace fiasco at the first debate.
That is when I started looking at other sites since Fox kept having him as an authority.
He caused mot people to leave Fox than anyone else.

John (@guest_1109028)
Reply to  harold campbell

I agree 100%. CHRIS Wallace did more to wreck FOX News than any of the others. I hope Trump starts a TV News station, and takes Tucker, Hannity, and Laura. Waters, Katy Pavlich, and a few others would probably be OK too. Murdoch’s lib kids can keep the rest of the lefties!

Jeanette Kirk (@guest_1109084)
Reply to  John

Yes that would be great I hope hw does.

Charles p Wenzel (@guest_1109135)
Reply to  John

With you.

DD (@guest_1109101)
Reply to  harold campbell

Wallace is a CREEPY SWAMP CREATURE just like the DEMWIITS HE EXULTED INTO OFFICE ! He was as BIAS as they come and I will not watch FOX as long as this SWAMP CREATURE is STILL THEIR!!

Patricia L Gram (@guest_1109247)
Reply to  harold campbell

Chris Wallace’s true colors were apparent, during the first debate. Wish Rupert would let him go already.

Barbara (@guest_1108941)

I was a great fan of Fox News but not anymore what they did was awful and started the ball rolling for Biden I no longer trust them except for Tucker, Hannity, Laurel, Gutfield and a few others so they are the only ones I watch and Waters World, and JudgeJeanine and as far as I am concerned I use to watch FN all day but not any more and I really can’t stand Jaun Williams.
I won’t forget the loyal ones I just said.

KEN (@guest_1108966)
Reply to  Barbara

Stirewalt heavily played in swaying the election results though Trump legally won in spite of these pollsters like Stirewalt. Hopefully he is met with anger for the res of his breathing on Earth. Stirewalt purposely reported false poll numbers against Trump weeks prior to the election. I believe it was Martha McCallum who asked him “And what if these responses you are reporting prove out to be totally wrong like they were in 2016?” Stirewalt’s reply: we pollsters will no longer have a way of making a living. Our careers are over. Screw the Nation, he felt his career and reputation was worth more and worked hard with his lies and polls to defeat Trump at all cost. Well, he has lost his job, his reputation and this country has lost a great patriotic President and gained a Zombie and a witch to replace him. Seeing Stirewalt fired brings some ease to the pain to me this day.

DD (@guest_1109112)
Reply to  Barbara

ME TOO, JUAN IS THE WORST, when FOX gets rid of him are TRADES him to CNN, I will no longer watch except for Carlson, Hannity, Ingraham, Waters, Judge Jenine, Gulfeld, and Levine, rest of FOX can kiss me ADIOS!!!!

Charles p Wenzel (@guest_1109137)
Reply to  DD

Like Dobbs, too. [Even though he often talks over his guests]

H. Malone (@guest_1108963)

In addition to all those named at the time I write, several others had shown their support for members of the left including Jedidiah B.: S. Smith, plus their stock market guy and I certainly don’t need their commentary so I left Fox on every thing except surfing in and out on Fox & Friends weekend show. My mute button was almost worn out at any time Juan W. and Donna B. showed up before my departure from daytime and most weekend shows and now it is getting a lot of exercise when Jedidiah is talking on weekends. Maybe it is time to skip weekends which means I will miss seeing Pete and the Texas guy. Oh Well! Newsmax is looking lots better every day, especially “my Liberty Loving Latino, Shawn (Sean) and Greg.

Sharon (@guest_1108964)

Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, Gutlield, Waters, and Pirro need to go to Newsmax. There are too many liberals and Rinos on Fox and I don’t watch it any more.

Leo (@guest_1109087)
Reply to  Sharon

Yes please join Newsmax. I miss you guys but cant help, I have to avoid my stress watching them saying one sided lie.

DD (@guest_1109118)
Reply to  Sharon

also Levine needs to go with them. And whatever you do DO NOT SEND JUAN, I hate that guy!

charles (@guest_1109167)
Reply to  Sharon

your so right,sharon just wait they will all jump the sinking ship, to news max,for real honest political views!

marlene tallmadge (@guest_1108986)

Will Brian Kilmeade return to Fox and Friends M-F or is he off peramently?

Connie S Eggen (@guest_1109066)

Finally? They are quite a bit too late!

Jose Cantu (@guest_1109067)

Refuse to watch as long as Chris Wallace is still employed!

David Hume (@guest_1109156)
Reply to  Jose Cantu

Wallace has been living off his father’s fame forever..
I guess that is what being spoiled get’s you a renew
option on a contract..

John B Good (@guest_1109068)

no use to watch them, can’t trust them

Carla S Hodges (@guest_1109069)

I left FOX on Nov. 4th and you will NEVER get me back.

Carla S Hodges (@guest_1109071)

I agree!!!

Donald Vest (@guest_1109073)

I have moved on to NewsMax

Laurel Jenkins (@guest_1109076)

Jess Tarlov, Juan Williams, Marie Harf…all tools of Satan.

Bill Stone (@guest_1109147)
Reply to  Laurel Jenkins

Maybe not tools of Satan, but certainly tools of IGNORANCE!

Robert Rivers (@guest_1109077)

Fox News has gone to hell. They have turned to the left so much I’ll never watch Fox again! Chris Wallace and his group suck!!

Martha Miller (@guest_1109081)

I watched Fox News all the time no more with Chris Wallace, Juan Williams , Donna I felt like I was watching CNN

Jill Ellis (@guest_1109083)

Fox VP is BIDENS ex chief of staff so what did anyone expect to happen?? Smooth move to get the public to believe he was a saint. Wolf in sheep’s clothing! Criminal in a suit.

KASEY STEPHENS (@guest_1109090)

Need to let loose of Wallace, Brazil and Williams for starters. Let’s not forget Cavito either. I will not watch Fox until thay clean house, or maybe never. I feel the move was minimal and too late.

Donna Montano (@guest_1109091)

Glad Chris is gone but I also think Chris Wallace should have gone a while ago. Also Bret Bair, Martha and Juan Williams. I have cut down my viewing because of these people and now go to the Blaze and news max. I still love Tucker, Sean, Laura and hope you get somebody good in the 7 hour.

The Redhawk (@guest_1109093)

In my book the one who EXPOSED FUX real politics was CHRIS WALLACE at the First DEbate acting like DEMENTIA JOE ‘s WING MAN to Protect the MINDLESS idiot from BLOWING HIMSELF UP>>>>>>and the Rest is HISTORY>>>>NEWSX TOOK OVER along with AON’studio 6 b and Steven K Bannon where real news are READ for us to decide !!! and CNN as well as NBC rank higher that FUXXED FOX political news

Sandra Castonguay (@guest_1109094)

Fox News has gone DOWN hill because of slick manipulative people like Chris Wallace, who spins EVERY interview, Donna Brazil, who is a KNOWN cheater(giving H. Clinton answers in 2016 debate), Juan Williams Who OUT-RIGHT LIES on “the Five”, but rarely gets called out for it!Paul Ryan, who slinked in FOX as the RINO he is, people like Geraldo Rivera, who made up stories about himself in former years! Brett Bear, who is so negative and MISLEADING, and now bringing on losers like Mitch McConnell, who LIES through his teeth and back stabs at every turn! Why? You could have been #1 for a long time but you caved or you are too stupid to realize this! The few other anchors that are good are the ONLY ones I listen to. So long!

Marcia (@guest_1109096)

Watch every day but not anymore. Can’t stand Juan Williams, Chris Wallace or Donna Brazill.

James Fuller (@guest_1109100)

The only way I would watch is if they got rid of Wallace.,D Brazil, J Williams, Geraldo Rivera and the many other liberal contributors. Go back to your Roots. Thats what made you #1 for years. I got to the point even before the election if those people were on I would flip channels. You have some great anchors build on them.

Jim Swoboda (@guest_1109103)

I was a faithful Fox watcher but quit watching Chris Wallace(an obvious left leaning hack) as he started to show his real colors and Juan Williams is so of the wall that I quit watching The Five. Now when they called Arizona so early that really turned me off. I have switched to Newsmax-more story, less left dribble. Too bad since I liked Tucker and Ingraham.

Edward Williams (@guest_1109104)

I was a loyal fan of Fox News, but that changed when the owners of Fox, who are empty headed Liberals, decided to change their loyalities. Fox helped President Trump get elected and Fox helped Sleepy Joe get elected. When Fox New fires empty headed, rude, Juan Williams and empty headed, not very bright, Chris Wallace, I’ll consider a brief review to see if leadership has changed, in the mean time I’ll enjoy Newsmax.

Kathy (@guest_1109107)

They hired Donna, a known liar and cheater, that was beginning of end for me, with Juan, Chris S and W, Jedeiah, Sandra, even Bret!!! Hate missing Pete, Judge, Gutfield, Hannity, Laura, Tucker but FOX no more ever!

Hank (@guest_1109109)

The downfall of FOXNews started with Chris Wallace – no doubt. He is so pathetic, and isn’t bright enough to even realize it. He belongs on CNN – or nowhere.

Caroline Brown (@guest_1109110)

I have watched Fox News for 20 years. I was Appalled by Chris Wallace. He allowed to Biden not to answer any hard questions about his son. Other anchors also at Fox News were against the president. The coverage of the election night Was disgusting. I have not watched daytime Fox News since November 4th and will never return till those people are off. President Donald Trump won And the senile Joe Biden lost plain and simple

MARVIN D PAUGH (@guest_1109117)

i am done with fox. i will never watch fox again, i like hannity,waters,pirro, laura,gutfeld, and mark levinne. like
someone else said these people need to go to newsmax or america’s voice.

Guy Zamor (@guest_1109120)

I’m done watching FN since November after CNN called Florida for Trump while Fox refused to call it even after 93% reported and Trump was ahead while calling Arizona for Biden with only 75% reported.
The only show I really missed watching in FN is Tucker.

Georgia J Adams (@guest_1109122)

I stopped watching Fox News November 3,2020 as soon as the call was made.
THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN AND FOX WAS IN ON IT> THAT CALL MADE INCORRECTLY/INTENTLY WAS THE CLUE TO SET OFF THE DOMINION CREW TO DO THE DIRTY WORK.

Ruth Atkinson (@guest_1109124)

Fox turned left and is going to hell on a fast train to nowhere!

Georgia J Adams (@guest_1109125)

I don’t watch Tucker any more either. I stopped watching him on November 3rd also.

Charles Parsons (@guest_1109127)

Newsmax for me to. Bren watching for 6 months. The best.

Robert Perri (@guest_1109131)

I am happy that he was fired. I had not been a fan of his during the time he was here. He seemed so smug and thought he knew it all. But in the Arizona call, he was way off base. And after the call was made, Martha and Brett asked why the call was made with so many voters still to vote. The guy who made the explanation, was terrible and one could see that he was lying. Later when Chris was asked a similar question, the explanation was equally dumb. Other states, where Trump was the winner, the lead was greater than the number of votes outstanding but the call for Trump was long delayed. Chris’ true feelings were able to be figured out. After that farce, I left the station for good and turned to Newsmax TV as my main channel for news, and that is my channel now.

Cheryl (@guest_1109141)

Sorry Fox! Jessie and Gutfield are funny and great. They can put humor in something even if it’s questionable. May tune in to watch them but William’s makes me change channels because he sticks up for dems when wrong is wrong. He should be more honest. Will watch News max for real news.

David Hume (@guest_1109143)

And why is Juan Williams still there?..I would have given him the “Boot” long ago
he has caused more viewers to leave Fox then any political mistake.He belongs on
CNN..Give them a call..

Raleigh Harke (@guest_1109146)

I only watch Tucker Carlson now. The stupid things Juan Williams says made me stop watching The Five. Fair and balanced or dumb and dumber?

Bill (@guest_1109148)

Chris Wallace is a traitor to America. He needs to sent packing from Fox. Chris W, Donna B, Juan W and few others is why I will not watch Fox.

These Fox staff I enjoy and trust: Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Greg Gutfeld, Jeanine Pirro , Maria Bartiromo, Katy Pavlich and a few others need to go over to another news network that promotes the truth (e.g. Newsmax, EPOC, etc.)

1 2 3 4