November 27, 2021

Fox News announces layoffs as part of restructuring

Fox News has announced a series of layoffs as part of an organization-wide restructuring.

“As Fox News Media has evolved into a streamlined multi-platform organization, we are realigning several functions and restructuring various divisions in order to position all of our businesses for ongoing success,” the network said in a statement.

So what does that mean for viewers?

According to the network, no on-air talent will be affected. Many of those affected were hair and makeup staff, who had been unable to work due to Covid restrictions.

Deadline reports:

A source with knowledge of the matter said that the changes are not due to the COVID-19 pandemic, except those related to the hair and makeup department. About 90% of the staff has not worked since the start of the pandemic, but have been paid throughout. They will be given enhanced severance and benefit packages.

Guests will no longer receive makeup and hair services; only anchors and contributors will because of concerns over safety amid the pandemic.

That’s good news for Fox fans, bad news for bed-headed guests.

While the layoffs don’t appear to be caused by any economic stress, Fox has alienated some key conservatives recently, and they would do well to remember that today’s layoffs look like a picnic compared to what they’d be forced to do if conservatives decided to abandon the network in droves.

1.2K Comments

Thomas A Arnold (@guest_1048852)

I nominate Juan Williams and Sandra Smith to be fired… Williams has become a joke and has overstayed his welcome, ruins thefive as he has become irrational in his partisanship

John LaRosk (@guest_1048856)
Reply to  Thomas A Arnold

Amen to “Dumping” Juan Williams; He IS overdue it being sent “down the road”.

Elsie Petry (@guest_1048860)
Reply to  Thomas A Arnold

Yes Juan Williams needs to go. His rhetoric is disgusting. He opposes anything that is of value to the United States of America

Vote for Truth (@guest_1049009)
Reply to  Elsie Petry

I believe Chris Wallace, Neil Cavuto, and all the talk show hosts on the weekend need to be fired!!!

martha brady (@guest_1049152)
Reply to  Vote for Truth

I totally agree that Chris Wallace, Neil Cavuto and the weekend hosts during the day need to go as well Juan Williams, Marie Harf. Donna Brazile – they are so full of hate and so biased.
The worst is Chris Wallace – he is a National position and is so incredibly biased against the right – he cannot hide it – he is obsequious with the left.
Fox has changed so very much – you give more air time to Juan on the Five than the others – intentional?
Disappointed as I am now watching Oan and newsmax –
Love Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, Mark Levine, Greg Gutfeld, Jesse Watters – Sean too however he talks to much often. Tucker is truly the best.

martha brady (@guest_1049153)
Reply to  martha brady

Disappointed as I am now watching Oan and newsmax –

Zoya walker (@guest_1049235)
Reply to  martha brady

Amen, Martha!

harry dermody (@guest_1049483)
Reply to  Vote for Truth

I’ll second that…………You know it’s about…..RATINGS, AD REVENUE, HOW MUCH SOROS CONTRIBUTES with companies Advertising constantly on these stations………” Truth Be Told ” Nothing Matters but $$$$$$$$$$$

We need TERM LIMITS in Washington, at TV STATIONS, IN MANAGEMENT, EDITORIAL ETC. We are loosing
AMERICAS FREEDOMS thanks to the GREEDY ATTITUDES. Selling out AMERICA……Shame on YOU…..

Angela Worden (@guest_1048875)
Reply to  Thomas A Arnold

I agree with Thomas A. Arnold.

Haraldur Karlsson (@guest_1049011)
Reply to  Angela Worden

Juan Williams, Donna Brazil, Chris Wallace, Sandra Smith, Stirwalt and many of those Fox contributes who doesn’t know what they are talking about should be fired. Those guys are a joke when they give their own left-wing opinions. Non of those guys give a clear answers and circumvent the fake.

june jenkins (@guest_1049069)
Reply to  Haraldur Karlsson

amen!!

martha brady (@guest_1049154)
Reply to  Haraldur Karlsson

Agree about Sandra Smith and Stirwalt – whenever we see him we turn it off we always know where he is on any issue and does it with a smirk – doesn’t work.
I think you should found some new talent and promote some of the great ones that you have.

Linda Evans (@guest_1049196)
Reply to  Angela Worden

Tucker Carlson & mark Lavene best get rid of Wallace

Brian (@guest_1048881)
Reply to  Thomas A Arnold

Absolutely Right On. Fire the fool.

Donna Harris (@guest_1048892)
Reply to  Thomas A Arnold

Yes to both.

Sandra Lambert (@guest_1048968)
Reply to  Thomas A Arnold

I agree.

Zepher Zipping (@guest_1049044)
Reply to  Thomas A Arnold

You read my mind , and a couple others .

TAIWAN COMMONER (@guest_1049057)
Reply to  Thomas A Arnold

Mr. Williams should move on over to CNN as he favors their viewpoints more than anyone at Fox. He is so hateful in his political views he starts fights, talks over others in a rude fashion, thinks he’s smarter than anyone else in the room, you know, typical elitist phony intellectual blather. Why is it that the leftists always think that by interrupting people, talking over them, not allowing anyone who disagrees with them to finish a sentence, and shouting makes their position more tenable. My mother would say it is just “plain rude”. Fire Williams, keep the make-up guys, they actually do something of value.

Kathlyn Nolan (@guest_1049145)
Reply to  Thomas A Arnold

I agree with Thomas A.Arnold, Juan Williams, Sandra Smith, Chris Wallace, Chris Stirwalt & Donna Brazil should go to ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN or MSNBC. I will watch OAN or Newsmax a lot of people are getting disgusted with the above people. I use to watch CNN since 1999, then I discovered FOX in 2005 & love it & have been watching it since then.

Michael Devine (@guest_1049206)
Reply to  Thomas A Arnold

Get rid of the hating demorar calls himself Juan Williams!

ds (@guest_1049669)
Reply to  Thomas A Arnold

YES… great idea…

Michael Meany (@guest_1048861)

Send Chris Wallace along with Juan.

Angela Worden (@guest_1048878)
Reply to  Michael Meany

I agree with Michael and Richard.

Ronald Newton (@guest_1048976)
Reply to  Michael Meany

Can you picture CNN hiring Dan Bongino as a regular? That’s akin to Democrat Chris Wallace being on FOX.

TAIWAN COMMONER (@guest_1049058)
Reply to  Michael Meany

Wallace is hanging onto his daddies coat tails not just to get his job, but for his entire career. So, we can add despot, to his other shining virtues. TALK ABOUT A PRIVILEGED WHITE GUY! Like all liberals, he thinks he is smarter than he is. His smug superior nature has caused me to actually TURN OFF FOX NEWS! I cannot stomach the guy. FIRE WALLACE AND WILLIAMS! I BET YOUR RATINGS GO EVEN HIGHER!

martha brady (@guest_1049160)
Reply to  TAIWAN COMMONER

Chris Wallace is smug and is NEVER fair and balanced – his arrogance is incredible and his bias comes through on every issue.
Chris Wallace is truly the worst – Juan is a joke but you put Chris Wallace in primary position and why? his ratings are terrible – only when he had Trump did anything move from 1.4 M viewers. Pathetic compared to
Fox and Friends, The Five, Martha, Bret, Tucker, Hannity. Laura, and Shannon.
Wake up Fox – who are you trying to be? just let us know. clearly you give way too much airtime to Wallace vs. all of your lead shows.

JACK heath (@guest_1121535)
Reply to  TAIWAN COMMONER
9 months ago

`when i see wallace or jaun on the screem i hit the change button.

Richard Milton Wise (@guest_1048865)

I watch FOX everyday. I use to watch Chris Wallace until his interview with President Trump, he was very rude and would not let the President answer the questions without interrupting! Juan is a joke. Donna Brazile is full of hate, always race baiting!
It would be nice to see FOX sign Michelle Malkin or Candace Owens. These two women are very learned about their subjects of discussions. They never talk about race, but being an American and what a person can achieve by education!
Watters World shows how ignorant the college students are in the history of the United States. Can’t blame the students, because of bad teachers that don’t do their jobs!

allyne stone (@guest_1048957)
Reply to  Richard Milton Wise

I agree with both should Chris Wallace, Donna Brazile, I change the channel as soon they lie and deny everything.

Joyce Ellen Penn (@guest_1049008)
Reply to  allyne stone

I totally agree! Juan and Brazille!!!

TAIWAN COMMONER (@guest_1049061)
Reply to  Richard Milton Wise

Michelle would be a great fit. She has fought in the trenches and is a very smart, and tough, lady. Great idea! You listening FOX?

martha brady (@guest_1049164)
Reply to  Richard Milton Wise

Totally agree.

Robert Keller (@guest_1048867)

……..in the end I still think FOX is the best choice for news!

jtk (@guest_1048880)
Reply to  Robert Keller

They’re biased as well, Robert. I use my computer for my news now. I never use a TV for anything. Try Western Journal on the computer.

Stan Foresman (@guest_1048987)
Reply to  Robert Keller

The best news channels are OAN and Newsmax.

martha brady (@guest_1049165)
Reply to  Stan Foresman

Agree

Viola Helen Parrish (@guest_1048868)

I agree with all of the comments listed above, I too am a fan of Fox News because I believe they report the truth!

Vote for Truth (@guest_1049010)
Reply to  Viola Helen Parrish

Then you must not listen to Chris Wallace who doesn’t always tell the truth about Trump, and he is who will be on the 1st debate. Hope he gives Trump easy questions if he gives them to Biden!!

TAIWAN COMMONER (@guest_1049063)
Reply to  Vote for Truth

Wallace will be on the first debate? Because he is from FOX and hates Trump someone,obviously the DEMS, selected him! Now they will say Wallace is “unbiased” because he is from Fox. The way to fix this is to fire him before the debates!

martha brady (@guest_1049168)
Reply to  Vote for Truth

Truly disgusted that Chris Wallace is doing the debate he will do nothing other than disparage President Trump and let Biden get away with everything he wants to say. So discouraged that Fox allowed him to do this – Bret Baier is a much better host – he is FAIR AND BALANCED – a total professional – always. Chris Wallace never is anything other than biased to the left. Great job Fox – once again you are letting us know what is happening with the network.

Loudean Jacobi (@guest_1049767)
Reply to  Vote for Truth

I have quit watching Fox News Sunday because of liberal Chris Wallace and Juan Williams. Haven’t watched for over 6 months and glad of it.

Doris Frazier (@guest_1048869)

Juan and Chris Wallace who is an arrogant pompous A$$

Donna Harris (@guest_1048893)
Reply to  Doris Frazier

Jane (@guest_1048871)

I would like to see FOX News fire Juan Williams, Chris Wallace & Donna Brazille. They are extremely partisan & have no place in a Fair & Balanced newscast.

fuddcat (@guest_1048914)
Reply to  Jane

Totally AGREE They definitely need to go – you will be losing people with those 3!!!!!!!!!!!

TAIWAN COMMONER (@guest_1049064)
Reply to  Jane

Agreed. Lets start a petition! I will sign anytime!

Leonard (@guest_1048872)

Dump JUAN WILLIAMS, I am sure there are others who are better!

Gary (@guest_1048873)

I have continually contacted Fox News about some of their lame attempts to give us conservatives a balanced perspective by allowing idiotic liberals on their network. My list of folks to fire start with Donna Brazille (who actually cheated by giving the questions to the Clinton campaign prior to a debate), Juan Williams, there are about three other moronic liberals who I just can’t remember their names as well. All are stupid. All are loud. All are liars. Then, get rid of the RINO Chris Wallace, the other no account Sandra Smith, weak and wishy washy Martha Macallum, and Neil Cavuto. These supposed conservatives are clearly not conservatives. I watch Fox News because I am sick and tired of the left wing, liberal, BS. If I wanted to be exposed to it, I can watch CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, or NBC. I DON’T FOR A REASON. So, if they continue to allow these boobs to continue to spread their puke on Fox, I will leave.

Evangeline Gould (@guest_1048921)
Reply to  Gary

Fox News would be better off if they fired Juan Williams.He is a complete idiot.Donna Brizille is discraceful âne à liar.Sandra Smith, is aweful.Boring.The good shows comes on with Tucker Carlson.Hannity and Laura Ingrahm.You have to have people that makes you want to watch FOX.

TAIWAN COMMONER (@guest_1049077)
Reply to  Gary

Well said. I live in Taiwan and all of a sudden the only major US news source is CNN! Oh yeah, I want to listen to that communist propaganda! I can listen to the REAL PROPAGANDA over here, straight from the horses mouth! Guess what? CNN and the CCP are in lockstep!

martha brady (@guest_1049174)
Reply to  Gary

I too have continually contacted Fox News and have never received a response – quite shocking that they do not care to have customer service to respond – so yes there are alternatives and we need to make them be the new Fox newsmax and oann – as Fox is becoming the Main Stream Media and it breaks my heart have watched from the beginning and have seen the changes. What happened to Harris Faulkner – she has become a Pollyanna and has so lost her strength.
I have written about Chris Wallace, Juan Williams, Donna Brazile, Marie Harf. Never bothered about Martha and Neil as they go whichever way the wind blows – Cavuto truly the worst. I used to love Martha however she has so changed – she stands for nothing.

Patrick Hall (@guest_1048877)

Alternate Views are OK – How else can a network be “fair and balanced”. But common sense is never agreed upon by the liberal side 100% of the time. How can a group always disagree with GOP policy 100% of the time

martha brady (@guest_1049176)
Reply to  Patrick Hall

Have always liked Capri Cafaro – she has a good background and is fair and balanced – even when I disagree I always listen – Fox needs to find more of the same and not the flame throwers – if you think we watch because of the crazies – trust me we turn it off and if we see that Donna Brazile is on we never watch – while watching the other shows like the Five – we fast forward through Juan – he is an idiot.

Billy Thompson (@guest_1048895)

I too am also in favor of dumping Juan Williams. I had been a “Five” favorite fan for many years and then started recording it so I could fast forward every time Juan came on. I will not watch any other Fox show if Juan is a guest. I am not a Republican either.

martha brady (@guest_1049177)
Reply to  Billy Thompson

so agree – just wrote the same comment! Thanks – Juan is an idiot.

Donna (@guest_1048898)

Donna Brazil needs to go, tired of her outbursts and attacks on the contributors and hosts of the show.

Harrell M. (@guest_1048933)

Juan has to be regarded as a disgrace to anyone claiming “fair and balanced” as a motto. Perhaps Fox is in the process of going “_____ and Unbalanced”. Fill in the blank however you wish. Am certainly in agreement with Gary about Chris Wallace and Sandra Smith. I read one comment recently which posed the question as to whether Fox is intentionally offending 90% of their viewers when hosts seem to move the balance point too far in favor of the Left. It does seem to me that Donna Brazille is allowed to drown out conservative conservative guests by filibustering what is purported to be “Fair and Balanced”. Personally, I don’t bother wasting my time viewing anything Cris Wallace is involved with and I him off almost as quickly as I do Juan Williams. I suppose I will have to look at him if I want to watch the up coming debates. Maybe I won’t bother watching. Hard to decide

martha brady (@guest_1049178)
Reply to  Harrell M.

OMG – totally agree with everything that you wrote – so disgusted with Chris Wallace, never bother to watch Sandra Smith – Juan Williams is totally an idiot – they allow him to dominate the Five with his stupidity I too fast forward when Juan is on and never watch Chris Wallace – he is full of hate and totally biased.

DANIEL CEDRONE (@guest_1048935)

I agree 100% that Juan and Sandra need to be let go. They both show their bias thinking about President Trump. Juan is a total idiot and Sandra is totally full of herself and constantly ask questions that she already had heard the answers too but she likes to hear herself . When either of these 2 knit-wits appear I turn the channel to OAN which I now enjoy more than Fox. Many of our friends and relatives feel the same. Many Conservatives are turning like us to OAN more often than Fox.

Rhenda Parker (@guest_1048937)

I use to watch Fox all the time, but for all of the above stated reasons, I now view NewsMax. It’s free! Check out Chris Salcedo……awesome liberty loving Latino!

martha brady (@guest_1049179)
Reply to  Rhenda Parker

getting there as I have stopped watching several shows on Fox.

Emmett Anderson (@guest_1048972)

All of the above is true, if you kept these liberals that hate America like Juan no brain–brase-ill the liar-crisco walleyed you will loose a lot of watchers. Fox watchers want the truth BUT from people that do not stretch and lie.

Dan Hutcheson (@guest_1048980)

Agree with the majority of comments concerning Juan Williams and Donna Brazille – they are both bad for the network.

Billie Arnold (@guest_1048982)

I am sick and tired of the “Pillow Man” commercials. From 6 pm until 10 pm they run every 10 minutes. Hard to watch Fox because of that. They must have free ads for them.

MINA (@guest_1049024)

FIRE SANDRA SMITH, JUAN WILLIAMS, DONNA BRAZILLE, CAVUTO, CHRIS WALLACE, AND FOX WILL INCREASE ITS AUDIENCE.

thomas (@guest_1049229)
Reply to  MINA

i agree

JACK heath (@guest_1121549)
Reply to  MINA
9 months ago

yes,yes,yes………….. i can’t stand any of them.

Bill Y (@guest_1049088)

Fire Juan Williams, Donna Brazille and Chris Wallace.

Richard Mullins (@guest_1049126)

Juan, Wallace and especially Brazille can’t be gone quick enough. Why in the world would you hire Brazille. She is a powder key and you sure don’t need her.

Lori A. (@guest_1049203)

All of you are so right. I watched Fox all the time, but not much anymore. They have changed big time. I’m like everybody else We watch OAN and Newsmax. Especially OAN they show all the rallies now Peaceful Protests with no interruptions. One you forgot Jessica she has so much hatred too.

Edna Kelley (@guest_1049392)

I don’t watch the 5 anymore because of Juan Williams

JACK heath (@guest_1121552)
Reply to  Edna Kelley
9 months ago

me two……………..

Cris (@guest_1070395)

when does a neurosurgeon work

Aindrea (@guest_1070398)

what is neuralink reddit

Aurel (@guest_1074208)

What is Averaging in share market?

Elinor (@guest_1077236)

can nasa make it rain

tiktok begeni hilesi (@guest_1099381)
10 months ago

Tiktok beğeni hilesi paketlerini satın alarak birçok önemli avantajı bir arada elde edebilirsiniz

Güvenilir takipçi satın al (@guest_1102181)
10 months ago

Tamamen Otomatik Sistem ile Siparişleriniz 7 Gün 24 Saat Hızlı ve Sorunsuz Bir Şekilde Tamamlanmaktadır. Instagram takipçi satın al ve daha fazlası.

Ucuz takipçi satın al (@guest_1104690)
10 months ago

Instagram takipçi paketleri satın alma hizmetlerini veriyor. İstenilen sayılarda ve miktarlarda

10 months ago

Bu site üzerinde genel olarak herkesin gereksinimlerini karşılayacak türden birbirinden farklı yapıda takipçi paketleri seçenekleri yer alıyor

Instagram Takipçi Hilesi 2021 (@guest_1110792)
10 months ago

Sosyal medya platformlarından en çok İntagram uygulaması kullanılıyor. Özellikle de son dönemlerde milyonlarca kullanıcı kitlesine sahiptir. Bu platformda insanlar en fazla popülerliğe önem veriyor.

instagram 10k takipçi hilesi (@guest_1113253)
10 months ago

Instagram takipçi hilesi 2021 özelliğini deneyebilirsiniz. Site adresinde en güvenilir takipçi paketleri bulunuyor.

Instagram Beğeni Satın Al (@guest_1113494)
10 months ago

Instagram, en popüler sosyal medya platformlarından biridir. Bu platformda, şirket hesapları, ünlü kişilerin hesapları ve sıradan kişilerin hesapları yer alıyor.

tadalafil 60 mg for sale (@guest_1125309)
9 months ago

modula tadalafil https://tadalisxs.com/ tadalafil capsules

what plaquenil used for (@guest_1125315)
9 months ago

erectile trick https://plaquenilx.com/ erectile dysfunction causes

9 months ago

hydroxychloroquine treats what https://hydroxychloroquinex.com/ hydroxide chloroquine

BupSuttishattes (@guest_1130177)
9 months ago

best cbd cbd pure cbd oil at walmart cbd store

KismLemGrire (@guest_1130473)
9 months ago

best cbd oil http://cbdforsalesh.com/# – cbd for sale buy cannabis oil medterra cbd

butAffeceJuique (@guest_1130501)
9 months ago

cbd tinctures http://annabisoilweb.com/# – hemp cbd oil cbd oils best cbd oil

1.2K