December 3, 2021

Fox anchor trashes Trump after interview with Maria Bartiromo

Fox News, which until recently was the only viable right-leaning cable news network for American conservatives to watch, hasn’t done any favors for itself in the wake of the 2020 election, with thousands of fans vowing to watch smaller, emerging competitors instead.

That sentiment continued to grow over the weekend, according to Breitbart, after Fox News weekend anchor Eric Shawn blasted President Donald Trump’s earlier appearance on the network, claiming that Trump “can’t wrap his brain or mind around the fact” that he lost the 2020 election.

Shawn, who has never appeared to be a supporter of the president, played clips of Trump’s appearance with Fox News host Maria Bartiromo on Sunday morning, in which Trump continued to claim that the election was rigged and that voter and ballot fraud was rampant.

“That is, of course, President Trump claiming massive voter fraud this morning. His words, ‘they stuffed the ballot box.’ It was, quote, a ‘fake election.’ All this despite the fact that his campaign has failed to prove any of this in court,” Shawn said.

“In fact, your government, election officials, experts, and others — many of them Republican — including Trump-appointed officials say that the president’s claims are false and unsubstantiated,” the Fox News host added, before adding that Trump’s repeated claims have caused supporters to “doubt the veracity of the election.”

Shawn then played a clip of Trump telling Bartiromo about the “massive dumps” that many states did during the counting of the votes, which his legal team has called into question in many of the key battleground states.

As expected, Shawn had an answer for that, insisting that “officials” said the dumps were not illegal, rather, they were just part of the massive influx of mail-in votes that were received in this election cycle.

According to Business Insider, Shawn, who was joined by Axios political reporter Hans Nichols in debunking the president’s claims, took a final parting shot at the president before closing the show.

“It seems that we have a president who, he can’t wrap his brain or mind around the fact, he can’t process that someone who he thinks is so inferior to him won the election,” Shawn added.

With as much legal action that’s still ongoing in a number of courts, to possibly include an upcoming U.S. Supreme Court challenge, Fox News anchors should probably wait a few weeks for the dust to settle before they’re possibly forced to eat their words next month.

Curt Lanham (@guest_1081633)

I haven’t watched FoxNews after they fired O’Rielly.

Thawts

Anthony Ricci (@guest_1081706)
Reply to  Curt Lanham

Newsmax is my choice for accurate news, Fox has destroyed all credibility and deserves to suffer the backlash from once loyal viewers who will never return again. Hasta Luego Baby!!!!

EVELYN ECKHARDT (@guest_1081708)
Reply to  Curt Lanham

The most watched Fox stars are Tucker, Sean and Laura. I am certain they have made enough money that they can retire from Fox permanently or long enough to find a position elsewhere. If they value their reputations, they should tell Fox bye!!!Much as I admire these 3 and never fail to watch each night—I’m done. Never again.

Bill (@guest_1081717)
Reply to  EVELYN ECKHARDT

I fully agree these key figures plus some at Fox Business News (Then Newsmax can start a good business channel ( sans Cavuto) But keep in mind these key Conservative Fox Stars are surely under contract and leaving doesnt free them up to go to a competing channel. But if they have built a good nest egg then they could quit and take a year or two (what ever is required by law) off. Newsmax might work on a way to help support them for that period while they work on their new shows etc.

Ann (@guest_1081722)
Reply to  EVELYN ECKHARDT

I agree. I like them and Judge Jeanne. I am sure that Newsmax would welcome them with open arms, if they wanted to come over to them.

Judith Miller (@guest_1081712)
Reply to  Curt Lanham

All of there so called hacks are being controlled be the crooked board members from sorios. The are even sicker than the wackos on CNN and msmdc. Have not watched Fox all year. Newsmax only.

David Miksad (@guest_1081635)

And, they will eat their words.

Carole Russell (@guest_1081687)
Reply to  David Miksad

Bud (@guest_1081636)

Shawn is just another lefty with no brains. Fox news is dead to me, I don’t watch it any more.

K Worz (@guest_1081646)
Reply to  Bud

We don’t watch FOX anymore- they have gone to the dark side. I hope their ratings tank.
They are the new CNN.
Disgusting.

John Folsom,Atty (@guest_1081671)
Reply to  K Worz

Can’t believe the little blank has now shown he too is a democrat ! Looks likeFox has been gone and will stay gone! When will Marie, Taylor, Hannity Jeanne, Laura, Dobbs go to Oan

Andrew Jaussi (@guest_1081677)
Reply to  John Folsom,Atty

Or go to NEWSMAX.

Brenda Matera (@guest_1081649)
Reply to  Bud

Me either. I watch oan or newsmax

Forever Trumper (@guest_1081672)
Reply to  Bud

Fox is dead too. I only watch OANN or NewsMax and I only use Parlor, Rumble and Xephula! All man and big tech are dead to me also!

Donald (@guest_1081699)
Reply to  Bud

All Shawn has done is prove he has committed to the communist manifesto and has done his part to blame the opposition for the crimes they have perpetrated on the citizens of the USA!!

JayJay (@guest_1081700)
Reply to  Bud

I was getting very “disappointed” in Fox for a long time. I didn’t have to watch Shepard Smith, so I really didn’t care about whether he was on Fox or not, but Juan Williams and his bigoted ignorance made me forget that Mom raised me (or tried to) to be a lady. I really liked the other four members of The Five, but him…oh boy! Bret Beier was beginning to get to me and my husband was ranting about Cavuto, so when Fox joined the other members of Pravda on election night – that was it for me. I switched to Newsmax that night and have stayed there. I just wish Spectrum offered OAN!

Raine (@guest_1081832)
Reply to  JayJay

I wish my cable company would carry Newsmax!!

Laura (@guest_1081640)

Where did my post go. Fox is freaking out because they know we know that they hate Trump. Trump is going to be President and And I will be laughing my butt off for 4 years.

Forever Trumper (@guest_1081674)
Reply to  Laura

Amen!

Becky (@guest_1081648)

He is one of the many reasons I don’t watch Fox News anymore. He is like a spoiled child and he is the one that can’t wrap his head around the fact that maybe – just maybe- the election was rigged. Why doesn’t he take some of his angry and do some investigating – like he should- and prove our President wrong. He is just another human that is being led to slaughter. Such a pathetic man!

Jean (@guest_1081673)
Reply to  Becky

I never watch the weekends anymore during the day. I do watch Judge Jeanine and Greg Gutfeld at night, but the rest of the time Fox is not on my TV.

Brenda Matera (@guest_1081650)

Fox News is dead to me

Sandra Lambert (@guest_1081663)
Reply to  Brenda Matera

Me too.

CLYDE SMITH (@guest_1081651)

WHY DON’T ERIC SHAWN, MIKE WALLACE, JUAN WILLIAMS, AND A HOST OF OTHERS THAT ARE SO DEAD SET AS TRUMP HATERS PACK UP AND GO TO CNN SO THEY FIT WITH OTHER IDOTS THAT CAN’T FACE THE TRUTH ABOUT THE WORLD. OUR TROUBLES STARTED WITH THOSE ORN IN EARLY 70’S AS THAT WAS WHEN SCHOOLS STOPPED TEACHING AMERICAN PRIDE, HISTORY ETC. SO NOW WE GET DEFACING HISTORICAL ITEMS ETC. PLUS RIOTING AND NEWS OUTLETS THAT PUT OUT THEIR HATE CRAP THINKING IT’S NEWS. A LOT OF PEOPLE I KNOW HAVE CUT DOWN TO A FEW CONSERVATIVE AMERICAN TO WATCH AS THE REST ARE OUT OF THE MAINSTREAM.

Mike Hayes (@guest_1081662)
Reply to  CLYDE SMITH

I totally agree wit CLYDE…..all of these so called journalists are nothing but trump haters and the should all be fired. Hannity and Ingles should thread lightly…they to could be the next to go and it would not hurt my feelings.

Linda (@guest_1081653)

I do not watch FOX News any more . Eric Shawn is too dumb to know how to spell his own name. Add in all of the blonde bimbos and the RINOS like Cavuto they have a losing group. They will take Carlson, Hannity, Watters , and
Ingram down with them.

Luisa (@guest_1081686)
Reply to  Linda

I could not agree more!! Starting with Chriss Wallace,continuing with the repugnant Juan Williams and ending with the moronic Eric Shawn. Judge Jeannine ,Hilton and Shawn and Laura are the only ones I watch.

clifton (@guest_1081656)

LOL I love see Fox News & their Rhino go botton tank they already lower than MSNBC & Commie Cnn. GOOD BYE FOX NEWS

Irene Mills (@guest_1081658)

FOX NEWS HAS BECOME ”FAKE” NEWS! I DON’T WATCH THEM ANYMORE NOR DO I INTEND TO! WHOEVER THIS ”SHAWM” PERSON IS, IS ONLY TRYING TO JUMP ONTO THE COAT TAILS OF THE COMMUNIST/DEMONRATS BECAUSE HE THINKS THEY WILL HELP HIS CAREER. TALK ABOUT AN EMPTY HEADED IDIOT, HE’S IT!! LOL!! I WILL ”NEVER” ACCEPT THAT PRESIDENT DIDN’T WIN. THESE SWAMP SNAKES HAVE REVEALED WHO THEY REALLY ARE! PRESIDENT TRUMP IS OUR PRESIDENT, NOT THAT DEMENTED IDIOT THE COMMUNIST/DEMONRATS SNAKES WANT TO CONTROL AND EVENTUALLY KILL OFF!

R Randall (@guest_1081661)

Once a dedicated Fox fan, I refuse to watch any longer. I appreciated hearing the conservative take from some of their commentators. With the lying liberals infiltrating most of the Fox programs, I can no longer listen. If I wanted to hear the liberal garbage, I would watch CNN. Fox has become CNN jr. – disgusting !!!

john blum (@guest_1081664)

FOX NEWS IS A DISGRACE TO JOURNALISM AFTER ALL THEY HAVE THE LYING DONNA BRAZILE AS PART OF THE GROUP AND CARLSON SHOULD ALSO BE ASHAMED AS TO BE AN OUTSPOKEN JERK.

jjofaz (@guest_1081665)

Fomented
Oral
Xcrenent

porterv (@guest_1081666)

“Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
Those who count the votes decide everything.”
Communist Tyrant Josef Stalin

Even the pretense of America ceased to exist with this phony election. We are now ruled by a wealthy, elitist, communist bureaucracy.

Bonnie Vroman (@guest_1081668)

Totally done with FOX fake news. They are on my s**t list.

Joanne Tellez Giron (@guest_1081675)

If Shawn can’t see evidence that played out on the tv screen right before our eyes on election night, he might be complicit. There is a lot more and witnesses. Fox is just another CNN or MSNBC. Not worth my time. The Trump Campaign will not be presenting to the Media. The case has been and will be presented in a court of law at the appropriate time. Until then you might do well to stop judging.

Cathy (@guest_1081679)

This is exactly why — I have stopped watching FOX NEWS!!!!! News is suppose to be the truth for the people…
It has gotten to the point it is about the power and lies to make you more popular than the other not for the people…. POWER AND MONEY and this is not what America is suppose to be!!! WILL NOT WATCH FOX has shown they don’t care anymore about the truth!!!!!

Lily Smith (@guest_1081680)

Never watch FOX……. Rupert’s children trustfund babies are running it with I think Rupert’s 30 year old girl friend

Fox does not tell the truth their revunes have dropped more than 30 percent they still have two year contracts with the cable networks after that they are done unless they merge with CNN

NEWSMAX is all American trustworthy news….. also Oann……….

sylvie (@guest_1081681)

Little by little I noticed FOX was looking more liberal and was I right, goodbye Fox, I only watch Jessie Waters, Jennen Piro, Laura Ingram and Tucker,

Very sad with Fox, was I clueless, always thought Fox to be conservative, they sure showed their true colors, I will not be watching Fox anymore.

Frances Anzelmo (@guest_1081682)

Disgusted. Worst last 30 yrs. of my life. Political decay everywhere. My young students, so many years ago, must have become confused with the ‘today-reality’, slaughter, chaos in the streets, destruction of other people’s businesses and homes, spoiled brat adults, some well-seasoned and well educated ‘charity-kids’….
Taxpaying and hard working men and women, teenagers who work, pay the taxes required to re-build those destroyed homes and mom & pop businesses. Yes, Virginia, there really is a SWAMP running the American Government, in the Republic that is our country. TWO WRONGS DON’T EVER!

bill j gervers (@guest_1081683)

Will NOT listen to or read anything from Fox News. GOOD DAY

Claxson 68 (@guest_1081684)

Why wasn’t Eric Shawn fired from Fox a long time ago? His views do not represent the stations views.

Anne Devine (@guest_1081685)

Fox news has changed. Still watch Tucker and Hannity but losing faith in news reporting. Mainstream media is definitely biased and now am seeing that happening here.

Francisco Machado (@guest_1081693)

Does anyone recall Shawn’s diatribes about Hillary and the Democrats refusing to accept that she’d lost the 2016 election? The book blaming it on everyone and everything but Hillary and her lame Obama oriented campaign? The Mueller investigation – a waste of more than thirty million taxpayer dollars over fictional charges commissioned by Clinton and the DNC? He must have gone ballistic over that!

Don (@guest_1081694)

I DO NOT WATCH FOX ANYMORE_____________WATCHED 6 HOURS A DAY BEFORE NOV. 4TH (retired) —I ADVISE ALL MY FRIENDS TO STOP WATCHING FOX NO MATTER WHO IS ON< IT JUST GIVES FOX A BETTER RATING_______________I HAVE ENJOYED THE EXTRA TIME I HAVE TO LISTEN TO RADIO AND WATCH NEWSMAX——— IF THIS ELECTION STANDS WHY VOTE IN THE FUTURE____________WHY SERVE IN A CORRUPT GOVERNMENT—————————————————-SEMPER FI

bob (@guest_1081702)

Piss on LIBERAL Fox !! They are a sinking ship , last week thier ratings were UNDER FAKE NEWS cnn and msnbc . We paid to upgrade our cable so we could get NEWSMAX , they are straight and gives conservatives a voice . LIBERALS hate Fox and now CONSERVATIVES hate Fox ,, they pulled thier own plug and FOX is going down the drain !!! BYE BYE fox

James H Dobbins, PhD (@guest_1081703)

People like Shawn, Sandra Smith, Chris Wallace, Leland Vitter, and others, have just proved they are not worthy of the attention the viewers have given them over the years, which drove them into the number 1 spot. Well, the viewers have just fired the lot of them, given how the FOX ratings are plummeting and will continue to plummet. The fact that even CNN and MSNBC did better than FOX in the ratings should tell the FOX owners something about their base and what viewer loyalty means in their business. Apparently, they had not figured that out yet. I used to watch FOX all day. Now I might watch Tucker, maybe, unless he, too, gets on the new FOX bandwagon, a bandwagon heading into the ratings hell. Maybe if these conceited clowns paid more attention to what Guliani presented, with affiant testimony, in the Pennsylvania Senate hearing and what Sidney Powell has included in her suits filed, they might actually learn something. President Trump, I hope and pray, will have the last laugh.

Debi (@guest_1081710)
Reply to  James H Dobbins, PhD

I hope and pray, too.

W. H. (Bill) Sterling (@guest_1081704)

Well YOU are getting what YOU asked FOR !!! By the way how are YOUR ratings these days, Let ME tell YOU they are in the TRASH !!!!

As soon as the FEW GOOD PEOPLE LEAVE that YOU NOW & Believe ME they are ALL WORKING hard LOOKING for A NEW JOBS !!!! THEN the RATING YOU NOW HAVE WILL MELT AWAY like SNOW !!!! SO GOOD LUCK it is ALL a MAKING of YOUR OWN !!!!!

Debi (@guest_1081705)

I hope the left on fox have to eat more than their words – it starts with ‘s’ and isn’t crow.

Bartiromo is sliding left, as well. Have been done with fox and will never watch or read their crap again.

Mark (@guest_1081709)

The NO FAX News channel they are Dead. I haven’t watched it since they turned 100% LIBTARD

Dennis - Iowa USA (@guest_1081711)

My days of watching FOX News is over, I am now a Newsmax fan. FOX blew it when they called AZ to stinking Biden. They have lost their ways and will suffer greatly for it.
There are a couple FOX Business folks I will still watch on the business channel that is Lou Dobbs, and Varney and Charles and Bartimore. So far the business channel is pretty stable conservatives. I always liked FOX and Friends to bad they are on Fox News channel.
Newsmaxs is really good and I like what I see. Dr Davis – Iowa

Tim Toroian (@guest_1081713)

I think a THOROUGH investigation could overturn an election. I kind of think once Biden is sworn we will hear rumors of behind closed door bragging the “we got away with it”. That’s what the mucked up mail-in voting was all about and state officials trying to extend counting dates they had no authority to even think about. State rules don’t supersede election laws and rule s for federal elections.

Patty (@guest_1081715)

When the “news” becomes unbiased and reports only the facts, then I will pay attention. No wonder those “Biden” voters said if they’d known half the facts, they never would have voted for him. So looks like those few who actually voted for him got fooled by Fox & the rest of them who have been and still are on a smear campaign. I guess if you say something enough times, it makes it true, right? Well, we’ll see. There is just too much evidence that this election was rigged from the beginning of Trump’s presidency, it can no longer be ignored. Go ahead Fox, keep on acting like the rest of the sham journalists and do all your boot licking to Biden….I truly pray all the facts come out and all cheaters are exposed.

Paul Otts (@guest_1081716)

Who is this “reporter”? I never heard of him. There is one major flaw in his argument. Many, if not most, of these court cases were thrown out without hearings, consequently no testimony (proof of fraud) made it to the courts!

Christine Getter (@guest_1081718)

President Trump and 73 million of his supporters can’t wrap our minds around this “lose”. We know it isn’t true on many levels and the truth is right there in front of us all. Losing the election legitimately would be acceptable but this election is the single worst crime committed against the American people. Cheating is just that….. and in an election it is a real crime and anyone who participated in this crime should be in federal prison. I will be watching NEWSMAX from now on, I am fed up with the nasty undertones coming from ALL media and especially disappointed in FOX. You got to number one on the back of our 45th President and now I couldn’t care less how far you fall.

James 75th Regiment (@guest_1081719)

Another Liberal midget from New York and Georgetown grad that thinks he’s smarter than anyone else…We’re in a battle and the Establishment along with the Washington Post & New York Times is the enemy.

stuart nolting (@guest_1081721)

I have not watched FOX for over a decade!

Ann (@guest_1081723)

Mimi (@guest_1081724)

I am giving up on Fox to I love TUCKEE and Hannity and Laura and WATTERS AND Greg on the five. BUT when they hired that woman that helped HILLARY in the 2016 giving her the answers against Bernie. Fox has gone over to the dark side when the after left FOX company to his son and they can see the only ones that are seeing them in the running.

Greg (@guest_1081725)