January 29, 2022

Biden’s DOJ ends settlement talks with migrant families separated at the border

The Department of Justice (DOJ) has ended plans to discuss financial settlements with migrant families separated at the border during the Trump administration.

Reports previously noted the Biden administration was considering payments of up to $450,000 per per for damages.

“While the parties have been unable to reach a global settlement agreement at this time, we remain committed to engaging with the plaintiffs and to bringing justice to the victims of this abhorrent policy,” DOJ spokesperson Dena Iverson told Fox News.

“While the parties have been unable to reach a global settlement agreement at this time, we remain committed to engaging with the plaintiffs and to bringing justice to the victims of this abhorrent policy,” a DOJ spokeswoman said, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Republicans were quick to push back on the talks of paying families who entered the nation illegally, especially when the amounts exceeded far more than many American families reportedly receive when losing a loved one in the armed forces.

The battle over immigration is sure to continue, but at least one outrageous policy plan has been put to a stop.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn

OUR TWEETS

PRESIDENT'S TWEETS

Sign Up For The Daily Newsletter

SYNDICATED NEWS